Chapter 15

I tried
"You are not mine, but sometimes I pretend that you wish you were" - m.k.

Please vote and comment!❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤

It had been three weeks since Alex's party. Everything was had slowly gone back to the way it was before. Alex forced us to let her work, but we had compromised that she would only do desk duty. She hated it, but everyone wanted her to be careful. Everything had been going smoothly except my relationship with Mateo. Since the party Mateo and I had been busy. In the last three weeks, we had seen each other a total of 2, almost 3 times. When I got to the restaurant to meet him, he got a call from Sam that something happened in one of the rooms that they were remodeling. He said he was sorry, but I told him that I understood because that was his job. That night I went back home with take out and watched Netflix on the couch with Alex. Mateo and I tried to make plans, but he and Sam had a lot of work to do on remodeling a floor. They had started from one apartment and moved onto a whole floor apparently. I missed him all the time and hated when he took forever to message me back sometimes. I felt clingy and hated it. I never wanted to be someone who needed their partner's full attention, but in the last few months that we had been dating, I had become that person.

    I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I looked around the empty club and grabbed all of my things. I had closed the club again, and Alex was in the office dealing with paperwork. I went to the bathroom and changed out of my black dress and into some sleeping shorts and a thin oversized t-shirt that I tucked loosely into the front of my shorts. I switched out my heals for checkered high top Vans.

    I made my way to the office where Alex was still working.    

    "Alex, I finished everything, and I know you're done with the paperwork you were supposed to do. That looks like something Tony should be doing. Tony is the general manager and Scott is the club owner. You know what you are? An assistant manger, which means that this isn't your job." I said and gestured to the screen of the computer.

     She stopped and looked at me before saying, "Sof, Tony gave me my start here. When he met me, I was a college drop out. You knew how badly I needed a job back then when I had no job experience. Tony took a chance and hired me, and he also made me a manager. I owe it to him to help him out where I can... when he can't."

    I scoffed, "He takes advantage of you. He knows that if he asks you to do something, you'll do it. If you're doing his job then you should get his title along with all the benefits. Tony's never here anymore unless he knows Scotts going to be here." I paused before I said, "Tony should be fired."

    Alex shook her head and said, "Hey, he hired you too when you needed a job that worked with your school schedule." Alex said firmly.

    I decided to hold my tongue and said nothing. I just nodded and looked away and said, "Okay. I'll just wait on the patio upstairs. Come and get me when you're done." I walked away without another word.