Chapter II - The Ride

Word Count: 1779

It has only been an hour since the ball officially started. However, Clementine is itching to make a run to her room and lay on her bed, not minding the attendants she needs to face.

Currently, she's in the same round table with the Garcias. Gabriel, or Gabe as what she calls him, is sitting on her right side.

"... and then after that, Mariana always asks me to play euchre with her. Hey, still with me?" Gabe seemed to notice Clementine's silence, laying his left hand onto hers. With that, Clementine startled lightly and looked at him.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, something just caught my attention. What was it again?" Something did catch her attention. A certain dreadhead playing the piano for example.

Their table isn't far away from where the orchestra plays. She observed how he's playing the piano skillfully. Music isn't really her thing, but watching him perform made her want to play all the tunes in the world.

"N-nothing. Do you want me to get you a drink or something?" "I---" Clementine was about to answer when the music was changed to a slow, mellow song. She noticed Javier nudge Gabe's shoulder as he whispered something to his ear.

"Umm, Clementine, w-would you mind if we dance?" Gabe shyly offered, not even looking straight at Clementine. She looked at his hand and considered first before taking it.

As they dance to the song, Clementine is still staring off to somewhere. A specific boy always pops up to her thoughts, the stares they shared, the dreadhead who she watches a while ago.

She can't take her thoughts away from him. It seemed like his brown eyes made its way into her mind. She's starting to think that he's a wizard or something. "Come on Clementine. It's 2019. Witches and wizards do not exist anymore." She thought to herself.

Clementine directed her eyes into him. Surprisingly, he was looking at them, too. Their staring game starts again.

Louis, on the other hand, began feeling shaky again. He wanted to look away, but he is already lost into her eyes. He was kind of amazed at how he doesn't press a wrong key.

Unconsciously, he smiled at her. "Why the fuck am I smiling? Damn Louis, it's creepy." he thought to himself.

Clementine, however, smiled back at him. He was taken aback by this, making his nerves tense.

"Ah!" She yelled as she took a wrong step while dancing. Gabe did not manage to catch her, making her fall to the floor.

The music stopped playing, as the crowd stare into where Clementine and Gabe are.

"Clementine, are you okay?" Gabe asked as he helped Clementine stand. "I just fell onto the floor, of course I feel okay. Thank you very much." She answered sarcastically and rolled her eyes. "Sorry, I'm not looking at the steps." Gabe apologized as he scratch the back of his head. "It's fine, not your fault." Clementine replied.

They did not continue after that, Clementine went to the comfort room to hide herself from embarrassment.

~

The next day, Louis is preparing for his class at Ericson's Academy, the only prestigious school at his city. He managed to enter it by his own money that he gets from various works, however, his fees are now sponsored by the Marsh's.

He grabbed his bag and went out of his room. Louis lives in the big mansion of the royal family. He can pick whether to rent an apartment or live here but he chose to live here because first, it's free, especially to musicians. It's a part of their incentives as exchange for their services to the family. Second, his bedroom is similar to his own in his old home.