Chapter VIII - The Dinner

Word Count: 2486

It wasn't a good morning for Clementine. Knowing it was the day of the dinner with the prime minister, her body and mind wanted to go back to bed and sleep forever. Also, she hates Sundays, because it's one day away before school.

She lazily combed her messy hair and picked up her phone from the bedside table when a message appeared which managed to make her smile.

1 new message from Belouga

Belouga:
Hey Clemmy Cloo, I hope you had fun last night :) just hit me up if you wanna go to the amusement park again~ I'm in music practice for tonight's dinner so just leave some message 😄

Upon seeing the word 'dinner', Clementine frowned again. Why is she even required to attend that dinner? Similar questions popped up in her mind.

Clementine:
Sure, good luck!

She placed her phone back on the table when she heard a knock. "Clem? Can I go inside?" a little voice said.

"Sure."

The door opened and a little man sporting an afro came in. He was wearing pajamas with 'Disco Broccoli' printed on it. Clementine wondered what is amusing with those vegetables. "What made the producers think that vegetable would be charming to kids?" She thought. In her childhood, she used to watch something like Kim Possible, Winx, etc.

"Hey there goofball, doing good?" she asked. It was AJ, her younger brother who is 8 years old. AJ sat beside her on the bed. He yawned before answering,"I told you, stop calling me goofball." He irritatedly replied. "But yeah, I think so?"

"You think so? Why?"

"Because we'll meet a new person today. Is it good though?" He asked. Clementine thought for a second. Even herself also wanted to ask the same question, is meeting new people a good thing?

But she met a lot of good people last night, and she met Louis. After all, it wasn't so bad. He made her feel free even if it is only for a short time.

"It can be good, it can also be bad. But for the most times, meeting new people could be the best thing that can happen in your life. You'll never expect the happiness that they can give you, you'll never know the things they can give you that other people can't."

"But what if they hurt you? Or do something bad to you?"

Clementine stopped for a moment and thought of his words, he is also right. "Then I guess, we'll never know, too?" She chuckled.

This dinner with the prime minister boggles her mind. She just hopes she survives the night.

Meanwhile, Louis is with Marlon, chatting about the things last night. They were currently on a break and he decided to check out on his friend at the kitchen.

"So, you and Brody, huh?" Louis teased as Marlon turned red while wiping the table. "W-what?" Marlon asked.

"Come on dude, you don't need to hide it. Your arms are literally around her in the park!"

"I don't know what you're saying."

"Violet sent a picture," Louis scrolled through his and Violet's messages, "Don't deny it bozo, it's clearly you." He pointed at Marlon's picture who was smiling ear to ear at Brody while his arm is draped around her.