Bad Decisions (Yandere!)

(Yandere merman x cheated on reader)

I knew it.

There was always something there.

It hurts... Really...

But I guess...

I should have seen it coming.

His hands were on her hips. His eyes looking deep into hers... Its a painful sight to watch, but I can't tear my eyes away. My breath hitches and I can't shake this bitter feeling. He wasn't always so distant. It used to be that we were madly in love. Looking at it, I could see the cracks in the foggy pink that clouded my vision. His smile that used to make me feel week, now broke me. I left the bar and walked all the way to my house. It took five minutes but it felt like hours.

When I saw the green paint freshly applied to the front door, I stopped before walking in. Then I made up my mind. I changed my shoes and put on some sweatpants and a t-shirt, then wondered off on a walk into the little walking area by the lake behind my house. I was pondering my life choices. Something said 'I told you so' in my head but I shook the feeling. It was late spring so the crickets chirped and the birds occasionally called out goodnight. I smelled something, it was a sweet scent, but from the gnats and trees bending in lines I knew I was by the river. It was pretty high since the snow melt from the mountains was finally melting, however, not deep enough for a quick dip. And by dip I meant taking my shoes off and wading in the shallows.

So I took my shoes off. The sounds of sloshing around is what made me come to after the cold shock. I was sitting still for a minute when I realized there was a human behind me. I spun to find a boy. He was quiet, absolutely silent. His eyes stared at the water, he was sitting on a bench just above my head. Either he noticed me and didn't care or he hadn't. I decided to sit and think-after all, he felt like the type of guy to just quietly stare at water.

I'd like to imagine we sat there for about 45 minutes just thinking. But I knew it was more like 2 hours. I knew because I heard a yell from up the road.

"Y/n!" the voice echoed. I didn't reply. The voice kept calling, "Y/n! Y/n! Y/n!" I still sat defiantly ignoring everyone except the boy.

"We can't wallow forever." his deep, bored voice whispered. I see the boy I sat with was staring at the stars. His face glowed a pale ashy color in the moonlight and his hair was inky black in the reflection of the water.

"And who says?" I said, looking at the boy. His eyes, which glowed blue-green, pierced mine.

"They did. The water spirits."

"Y/n!" the voice was growing closer.

"Y/n, where I am from, I am a prince."

"Y/N!" I could hear footsteps now.

"But I ran away, and it was the worst mistake of my life."

"Y/N!" the lights of something flickered around the path bend.

"Go, face your fear, I'll be waiting in the end." he placed something in my hand and walked into the water.

"Y/n! What happened? Why didn't you answer me? I was worried sick! Oh, god!" his strong arms wrapped around mine and he pulled me in for a hug. He smelled very strongly and it made me cough.

"I-I... I'm sorry. I was just tired and bored. I wanted some encouragement."

"Why?"

"I... Did... I-I d-did I see you with another girl earlier?!" I spewed. His look of concern for himself was appearing I felt more courage.