Chapter Five

Five

Nandini looked up to see him looking at her in shock. She smiled at him and greeted,

"Hello, Mani..."

Mani......That's what she used to call him and the way she used to call him make him feel loved even though it, still sounds the same to him but, with a hidden meaning. But, what the hell is doing here in Mumbai.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Aree... I came to see you my darling...." Said Nandini with a pout.

"Nandini....stop this nonsense....what are you doing and first of all how did you enter this room.."

"Darling....as I said before... I came to see you and for how I came in....its simple through your window."

"Window.....? what the hell Nandini...how can you be so careless....you know right...you are...." Manik stopped himself when he realized what he was about to say.

"Manik...I had to see you and I know how to take care of myself." Said Nandini in anger.

Manik felt hurt when he heard her words but he did not show it to her.

"Nandini....what's with you....coming to Mumbai....joining the college....fighting with Fab5...What are you trying to do...? "Asked Manik.

Hearing Manik"s Words she stood up and went near to him...but, due to their height, she had to look up.

Looking down at her he heard her say, " I am here to get back what is rightfully mine.....and I" ll fight for it.."

With that, she stood on her tip toes and kissed him on his nose.

"Bye, Mani...."

She said and moved to the window.... seeing her stepping on it Manik felt concerned and as he looked he saw her keeping her foot on her room window which I too close to his bedroom.

Turning back he fell on his bed....looking at the ceiling he whispered,

"What are you up to My Little Love...."

Next day everyone reached their Jam Room. Everyone was sitting in their respective places thinking about what happened on the last day.

"I can't believe that she is your neighbor Manik." Said Cabir.

Listening to Cabir Manik looked back at him. "Leave it Cabir..."

"How can we just leave it Manik...she basically insulted us...Fab5" Said Mukti angrily.

As Manik was about to respond the door opened and they saw peon enter.

"Malhotra Sir wants you, people, to meet him in his office...."

"Manik, Uncle is back....why didn't you tell us...." Asked Navya.

Listening to her, Manik signed" I didn't want to scare you guys."

"Scare us matlab....waht do you mean Manik..." Asked Abhi curiously.

"He knows about yesterday's incident" Said Manik

"Kya..."Asked a scared Cabir. Yeah, that s right in this world one person that they respect and is scared of is Manik"s Dad, Raj Malhotra.

Everyone knows that one thing that Raj Uncle hated was ragging and now they are in dread of meeting him.

"Guys, let's just get over with this.." Said Manik who got up and left......and the others who had no other go followed him.

Before meeting uncle, Navya silently gave a prayer, "Mata Rani....please save us..."

Raj Malhotra who had been working on his laptop....looked up to see his kids standing before him with their heads down.

"What's this... I heard that you ragged someone again.....didn't I tell you to stop ragging last time..." Asked raj sternly.

Listening to Raj they felt like school students who had stolen chocolates.

"We are sorry Uncle.." Said Cabir, "Actually it's that girl's....." Cabir stopped when he saw Raj's stern expression.

"See guys I know what happened....and yesterday's incident had been a bit too far...I need not tell you what happened... Cabir, Mukti and Alya.....you people are the mastermind behind yesterday's incident.....so you people have to bear with the punishment...

Listening to the word punishment their face turned pale except for Manik.

The thing that they dreaded came they knew that uncle would never leave them they still remember how they had cleaned the cafeteria, the whole college previously.

"But, before that, I need to meet that girl..."

As he uttered those words the door opened and they heard a sweet voice,

"Sir, may I come in...?"

Nandini who had entered didn't see Raj but he clearly saw her.

He eyes lit up seeing her before he could control he exclaimed, "Baacha."

As Nandini saw him she smiled widely and ran to the man's open arms and said, " Papa..!!!"

_______________________________________________________________________________