Chapter 7

Manager?Fab5 stood dumbstruck. What the hell is going on?

"Dad are you serious" Asked Manik.

"I am Manik." Raj replied seriously.

"Manik this is fab5's punishment and you have to bear it and anyways you people are too reckless and its high time someone has to manage you, people, especially you Manik, you and your anger needs to be controlled and the only person who is capable of handling you and your friends is Nandini."

"But Dad..."

"Don't worry papa I'll take care of them and I promise you I'll take extra care of Manik...Right na , Manik.." Said Nandini who winked towards Manik.Gritting his teeth in anger Manik left the office followed by others.

----------------------
"What the hell just happened?" Asked Mukti looking towards Manik who had his eyes closed.

Fab5 had returned to their jam room after coming back from office. All of them have passed the initial shock now they were trying to absorb whatever that just happened.

"Wait wait....pehla tum humein yeh bata tum Nandini ko kaise jaante ho." Asked Cabir."Fine....just be patient I'll tell you guys" Replied Manik

"Guys, do you remember Raman Murthy who was Dad's best friend?"

"Yes we do ...he was a scientist right but, he and his wife...." Trailed Abhi."Yes after Raman Uncle's and Nandita Aunty's death dad decided to take care of Nandini and Amms..."

"Wait you mean Nandini is Raman Murthy's daughter...?" Asked Navya."Yes." Replied Manik

"But how do you know each other ?" Asked Dhruv." Until that accident, we used to see each other but after that, it was only dad." Said Manik."So are you like friends.." Asked Alya

"What no...never I can never be friends with her. She is the reincarnation of the devil who is born only to irritate me."

"Matlab she did all that yesterday just to irritate you." Asked Mukti

"Of course what else did you guys think that she is into me.." Asked Manik.

"Ouch....oh my heart....you just broke it into pieces Manik." They looked up to see Nandini at the door with her hand clutched to her heart as if she was in pain.

"How could you Manik, how could you deny whatever is there between us...how could you forget those nights we were in a room all alone....You and me and our memories...."

"Nandini just shut up." Said Manik in anger.

"No Manik I can't just let it go....how can I forget those sleepless nights that we umhh wee spwwent uhmmmm..." Nandini could only mumble the next words as Manik who had heard enough felt annoyed came over and covered her mouth.

"Shut up not a word...okay...do you get that.." Ordered Manik looking towards Nandini who nodded back.

Seeing her nod Manik left her....but as soon as he left her she jumped over him to hug.

Manik who was shocked with the sudden movement took a few steps back to balance himself.Looking back at Nandini who was hugging him like a koala he could only sign. Some people 

never change he thought.

"I missed you Monster." Nandini screeched into his ears.I missed you too my Little Love. He said in his mind."Nandini enough.." Manik said and moved away from the hug and he went and sat on his bean

 bag.

Even before he could relax he felt a weight on his thighs he looked up to see Nandini in his lap. God...what is he going to do with her.

"Nandini tum kar kya rahi ho.." Asked Manik.

"Manik can't you see I am sitting.."

"That's what I am asking, why my lap."

"Because there is no other space...dekho all the seats are filled so the only place I found was your lap." She replied pointing towards his friends.

" Or waise bhi its not the first time I am sitting on your lap."

"Nandini you are so shameless"

"Woh toh main hoom..ab tum chup raho mujhe tumhari friends se milne hai..." She said and turned around to look at others who have been watching all the drama unfold between them."Hey, guys... I am Nandini...Nandini Murthy....Yeh Monster ka Girlfriend."

"What" shouted Alya

"Nandini" Warned Manik"Okay, yaar chill I was just joking."

"So anyway let's continue so, I am from Mangalore and as you people already know I am staying with my Chacha and Chachi in the house next to Manik...and yeah I really need to thank Papa for buying that house."

"Wait...Dad brought that house for you" Asked Manik."Hmm yes...""Arghh Dad ...we need to talk.""Manik, it's not his fault...I asked him to buy that house.""Yeah, of course, it's you tumhe mujhe torture karne ke alava kuch nahi ata na."

Listening to his complaints Nandini turned around in his lap to face him."Mein irritate karti ho tumhe, tum mujhe irritate karti ho...tumna......"Fab5 sat there listening to their banters. They couldn't just get whatever that has happened into their head.

"Why do I feel like as if they are some married couples fighting for some petty issues." Mumbled Navya.

"Mein toh wahi soch raha...is that our Manik...he never lets anyone close to him other than us. So what is Nandini to him." Said Cabir Everyone had the same thought as him.

"Only time will tell" Said Dhruv.

"Whatever it may be...one thing is sure Nandini Murthy is special to Manik Malhotra....very special." Said Abhi

                                                     ***********************************

Vote. Comment. Share