Chapter 13

"Manik tum karne kya vala hai iss watch se." Asked Cabir as he looked at Manik who has not taken his eyes off from the watch. ('Manik, what are you gonna do with this watch?")

"Manik, tell us na.." Whined Mukti

"You know Nandini na she always wears this. I don't remember who but, someone very important gifted this to her." Said Manik as looked into the star sky designed watch.

"So?" Asked Aliya

"So...you guys just wait," Manik smirked

"And here we go......5...4...3...2...1." And on the last count, someone entered.

Everyone looked towards the door to find Nandini standing over then they looked at Manik who had a smirk on his face.

"Hello.." Greeted Nandini after which she started looking around as if searching something.

"What are looking for Nandu?" Drawled Manik as he stood near the window now looking at Nandu as she looked up at his words.

"Voh meri.." Nandini stopped herself. When did he start calling me 'Nandu'.("That my...")

"Manik, give it to me." Said Nandini as she forwarded her hand.

"What are you talking about?" Asked Manik nonchalantly.

"Manik..." Nandini called.

"Oh...by any chance are you asking me about this?" Manik brought forward the watch.

Nandini tried to snatch it but Manik raised his hand higher.

"Manik stop playing games with me." Said Nandini irritated at his behaviour.

"This is not a game. This is reality and today will be your first lesson." With that, he threw the watch out of the window.

"Manik," screamed Nandini as she pushed him out of the way to look out of the window.

Turning around she looked at him in anger, " You will pay for this."

"Ooh I am scared." Mocked Manik

Nandini glared at him and left the room.

Fab4 and others who were watching it all along looked at the leaving Nandini and then at Manik.

Manik who had been playful all now looked very much serious. Not understanding his changing emotions they looked on.

"Let's go guys. The show is about to start." Said Manik as he left the room.

********Nandini ran downstairs but as if realising something she slowed down.

Reaching the ground area she looked around for her watch. Walking around she stepped on something, taking her foot off she realised it's her watch that she stepped on.

Kneeling she took it in her hands. Her eyes reddened seeing it broken. She looked around and picked up the rest of its parts.

Getting up she caressed it.

"I am sorry." She apologised in her mind.

Taking a handkerchief she put the watch and its parts into it and kept it in her bag.

"There is no use of keeping that broken watch, Nandini." Nandini looked up to see Manik standing in front and his friends behind him.

Nandini looked around to see students gathered around.