Chapter 3 - Kim Taehyung

"You can close her up, right Dr Ko?" I glance at my surgical assistant, placing my hand on the still opened abdomen of the little patient lying on the operating table.

In comparison to the patient's tiny figure, my hand looks enormous, strong enough to rip her vulnerable body apart in one swift movement. It's amusing for me to think that I'm able to take this child's life right at this moment without facing a single consequence afterwards.

The decision is completely on me, but I choose to be forbearing since the little girl will never wake up from her anaesthesia anyway. It's much less of a hassle if I let her be.

Since the operating room stays deadly silent, I shift my gaze from the patient and glare at Dr Ko once again, breathing in and rolling my eyes as I notice her staring back at me lovingly.

How disgusting. "Dr Ko, I believe I asked you a question. Focus." What seems like a shiver goes down my spine as I spit out those words, watching as Dr Ko snaps back to reality.

Taking a few seconds to compose herself, she blinks a couple of times and starts nodding her head frantically. Before she can open her mouth and answer me, I lift my hands away from the patient and turn around to walk out of the operating room.

"Get the patient a place in the ICU, I'll check up on her afterwards. I have some things to take care of," I sigh as the doors open for me, not taking a second glance at the operating room as I head out.

Immediately taking off the discardable bloody gloves and the mask, I breathe in deeply as the fresh air fills my lungs. After disinfecting my hands once again and taking off the rest of the surgical attire, I head towards the ICU.

Another successful operation can be added to the list, what a shame the patient will die soon after. Still, the little girl is one hell of a fighter, I'll give her that.

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I make my way towards the ICU. Two people are waiting for me, even though they aren't aware of it right now. They will be soon enough though.

Fixing up the white robe hanging from my shoulders, I glance around and observe the people surrounding me as I walk past them carelessly. I can feel their intense stares on me, but thankfully I'd gotten used to it a long time ago.

It's not like they see someone like me every day, I understand them completely.

"Dr Kim! How are you? I hear you've completed the surgery of a stage II hepatoblastoma patient! Congratulations!" One of the male nurses starts clapping and bowing to me, causing the rest of the staff to switch their attention to me and start praising me relentlessly.

God, it's not like I need them ladling out honours, but I still smile at all of them and bow slightly before I continue walking, hearing the women squeal behind my back. How undeniably idiotic.

Finally, I manage to get to the ICU. A sly smirk appears on my face as I take a look inside, biting my lower lip when I feel the two souls pulling my whole being towards them, yearning for me, waiting for me to take them, driving me completely wild and waking up all of my senses.

Two men, one with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and one with pneumonia are lying on their beds, waiting for their miserable lives to end.

I head towards the 34-year-old patient with cardiomyopathy, the only reason being my decision to take his life first. No one in this entire world can see or hear me now, except for children and people who are waiting for their souls to be taken.

The aura surrounding me becomes dark and deadly, my true form finding its way out, craving to devour the soul as fast as it possibly can.

Placing my hand on the man's chest, I hum as I feel his soul wrapping around my fingers, bringing warmth to them and causing goosebumps to form on my skin.