Chapter 13 - Ariadne Maciel

Your alibi couldn't be more impeccable, seeing that you spent the night at Taehyung's place. It's not like you need to use it though.

At four in the morning, Mina walked into the police station covered in Jimin's blood, confessing that she had brutally murdered him in his flat that evening.

The shocking news is quaking the whole nation with Mina's phlegmatic face being repeatedly plastered on television and social media. She's currently held in custody and is under further interrogation.

You're peacefully watching her life being utterly destroyed and you don't feel guilty at all. Yes, she'll be convicted for a crime she absolutely didn't commit, but it's not like that's your problem.

Sometimes it's just better not to interfere in certain matters. This one in particular.

You can't venture into the police station and claim that a grim reaper shredded your roommate into pieces out of fucking jealousy. You can immediately say hello to the psychiatric ward.

Your disturbing selfishness and the lack of any empathy towards Mina is immensely concerning to you. The small sphere of dark emotions you're keeping buried deep inside you is threatening to come to life and that's scaring the absolute crap out of you.

To your genuine surprise, the company Jimin worked for prohibited Hoseok and the rest of the members to contact you. Instead, immediately after the news, the company sent you an apologetic email where they spewed some shit about them keeping their members safe.

Bullshit.

Swiping your tongue over your upper teeth, you let your nose detect the repulsive smell of a very powerful woman's perfume as you make your way through the hospital. Your eyelids flutter, causing your lips to part slightly as you take in a deep breath.

What you could describe as not exactly girly sneeze rumbles through you, soon followed by another one. Ugh, disgusting.

"Bless you." A deep chuckle right by your ear causes your whole body to spring up as your terrified glance flickers over the towering figure next to you.

Taehyung's amused orbs are staring right back at you, one of his dark slender eyebrows raising expectantly. He's giving it his all not to burst out laughing, the noticeable twitching of the corners of his lips being an obvious clue to his true intentions.

He fails miserably when he sees your vexed expression. "You need to stop doing that. Can't you at least act like you're human?" You sigh desperately, smacking his strained bicep.

"No," He growls at you, causing your eyebrow to slant in strong disapproval as he draws his hawkish gaze over your figure, simultaneously rubbing the place on his arm where you unleashed your wrath upon him.

What is this bitch doing, talking with him? Jesus, I hate the fact that I have to ask her for help. I can't rule out her proven skills. It's so damn frustrating.

Oh, now this is unexpected.

Your eyes cross in exasperation as you let out a displeased groan before you lever your glowering look at Dr Ko.

Her hips are unnaturally swaying from side to side as she tries to bring Taehyung's attention to herself while she's walking down the hallway, swiftly running her fingers through her hair that's left unbound to tumble down to her shoulders.

I'll leave you girls to it, I'm not in the mood to handle all the drama. Good luck, cupcake.

Just as you're about to turn around, grab Taehyung by the collar and make him stay with you for moral support, his long strides are already carrying him to the other end of the hallway.