Chapter 9 - Ariadne Maciel

»*«

'Placing the stethoscope around my neck, I smile at the patient and leave the room, heading to Dr Park's office. He called me earlier, wanting me to look over some paperwork with him.

After all, I'm the one who'll inherit the hospital once he decides to resign.

I wonder what Dr Kim is doing. Maybe I can see him after I finish with Dr Park, I miss his icy eyes staring right through me. Yes, I'm aware that he isn't fond of me, but I just can't stay away from him.

Especially not now, when that witch Dr Maciel came in. He even let her operate on an emergency patient on her first day! How could he?

He's so mean towards me, god, I want to hate him so much, but I simply can't. I just want to feel his arms lovingly wrapping around me.

Once I find myself in front of the dean's office, I raise my hand to knock on the door, only to freeze it mid-way. Someone is inside with him.

Leaning closer, I place my ear on the wood, narrowing my eyes as if that'll help me hear better.

It's him. I can recognise his voice anywhere. Why does it sound so menacing, what is going on? A very loud shriek pierces my ears, startling me.

I open the doors without thinking, clutching on the doorknob as I take a peek inside.

There he is, Dr Kim. He's leaning towards the dean, one of his slender hands resting on the table as his broad shoulders limit me from seeing Dr Park. What are they doing?

Is he threatening Dr Park? No, that can't be possible, he's not capable of doing that, right?

What is this weird feeling making my skin crawl? I don't understand this, I only know that my body is screaming at me to run.

Why would I run, Dr Kim is here, he'll keep me safe! God, I can be so unreasonable sometimes.

I enter the office, still holding onto the doorknob as if it's my last lifeline. I just can't seem to let it out of my grasp. Tilting my whole body to the side, I finally notice Dr Park's body.

It's violently trembling as if he's having a spasm of some kind.

He's dying! Why isn't Dr Kim doing anything to help him? Wait, it looks like he's placing his hand on Dr Park's chest. Good, I knew that he'd help him!

But why does this feel so wrong? My gut is telling me that something seriously wicked is happening here, but I'm quick to swat away the uncomfortableness.

Dr Kim suddenly snaps his head over his shoulder and slashes me with his glare, making my breath catch in my throat. His eyes look murderous, completely keeping me captive.

Is he responsible for Dr Park's death? No, that's not possible.

At that moment, my memories become blurry, as if they are being erased. What is going on? My head is throbbing. Why am I crying?

The next thing I clearly remember and will never forget is the feeling of his heavenly soft lips intertwining with my own.'