2

2 | 𝙉𝙊 𝙒𝙄𝙏𝙉𝙀𝙎𝙎𝙀𝙎

2 | 𝙉𝙊 𝙒𝙄𝙏𝙉𝙀𝙎𝙎𝙀𝙎

I try not to let my inner conflict show as I prepare for my mission. I wake up earlier than the other girls and get changed into my assigned wardrobe. For this particular mission, I have a shoulder-length black wig, a black suit with a white shirt, casual make up, and black heels. I groan when I see the shoes, but slip into the anyways. At least they're not too far off the ground.

I keep my elastic suit that has my ankle and belt holsters under the suit. You never know what could happen.

Since make-up is not allowed, I have no idea how to put it on and have to have a make-up artist do it for me. When I look in the mirror with my get up, I feel like a different person. It happens every time I get dressed for a mission.

I meet Ms. Aaron in front of the doors to the garage. Her dull blue eyes take in my outfit and she nods slightly.

"I gave you all the information you need yesterday," She says, opening the garage door and walking in. I follow close behind. "But if you can't complete all the tasks I have assigned you, at least make sure you fulfill the most important one."

"Extract all the information from SHIELD's databases about SWAN and put it on the flash drive. Don't read the information, just take it and go," I recite her exact words from yesterday. "Got it."

Ms. Aarons looks at me sideways. "Is there a problem, Nikita?"

I straighten my posture. "No, ma'am."

"Very well." The stern woman face forward and again as we get further into the garage.

The garage is a huge space that holds planes, helicopters, cars, motorcycles, vans, and other aircrafts. The clicks of my short heels echoes off the tall walls surrounding us.

When we reach a motorcycle, Ms. Aarons faces me with her hands clasped in front of her. "The Avengers Initiative needs to be taken out. Taking SWAN off their radar is the first step of many we must take." Her face hardens and she leans in. "You know what to do."

I nod. She takes a step back and watches as I mount onto the bike. I slip the helmet on, careful not to mess with the wig, and turn the bike on. I rev the engine.

"Nikita," Ms. Aarons adds before I can take off. "No witnesses."

⑅ ⑅ ⑅

My heels click against the glossy tiles as I walk through the front doors of the Avengers tower. The smell of citrus cleaner doesn't hit me until I take a few steps inside.

To my left, a group of men in business suits are discussing. To my right, a few professionally-dressed citizens waiting for an elevator. In front of me is the front desk with a young man sitting behind it. He's typing on the computer with quick finger movement and his eyes are superglued on the screen. He must be playing a computer game on the job.