6

6 | 𝙊𝙇𝘿 𝙁𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙉𝘿𝙎

6 | 𝙊𝙇𝘿 𝙁𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙉𝘿𝙎

The second night isn't much better than the first. My door is locked at seven o'clock sharp. I sleep on the floor again and shut my eyes for a solid two hours before I actually fall asleep.

I let myself sleep in a little when I wake up in the morning. My doors unlock later than I usually wake up, so it's not like I'd be wasting my time.

Once I do wake up fully, I get up and get changed into some clothes I can run in. I'm guessing since they're still locking my room that I'm not going to be able to go on a run by myself yet. Steve is a softie, so hopefully he warms up to me and gives in soon.

Once I'm changed and ready I stand in front of the door, waiting. I just stare at it for at least ten minutes until I hear a click. Then, I reach for the door handle and pull. Just like yesterday morning, Steve and Bucky are eating breakfast in the kitchen. They're not talking about me when I enter the room this time.

Steve looks up from his plate of sausage and eggs. "Sleep well?" He asks as he shovels eggs into his mouth.

Bucky glances over his shoulder to see me. He gives me a subtle nod in greeting.

"I guess you could say that," I reply and lean against the stainless counter top. "So are you up for another run this morning? Or are you still embarrassed from when I lapped you?"

Bucky looks to Steve, shocked. "She lapped you?"

"Yeah, she did," Steve says with a soft chuckle. "And I was never embarrassed, just impressed."

"Sure," I say doubtfully, smirking.

Bucky takes a sip of his black coffee. "I would actually love to see someone lap Captain America. Count me in on your run."

Steve finishes his plate and stands. He sets the dishes into the sink and turns to me. "Let me go get ready, and I'll meet you guys out here in five?"

"Sounds like a plan." I turn and walk back to my room. I go straight for the bathroom and watch myself put my hair up into a ponytail. I redo it until all of my hair is pulled back. One of the worst feelings, besides wearing high heels, is when I have stray strands of hair sticking to my sweaty forehead. It happened all the time at SWAN despite my best efforts because while training, some girls would pull at my hair. We learned early on that pulling hair is a child's move, but some trainees still did it. Consequently, they were immediately eliminated from the program if caught. I swear some of them would pull my hair out of its ponytail during combat while Ms. Aarons's head was turned just to piss me off. I once broke a girl's arm for that before.