7

7 | 𝘼𝙇𝙒𝘼𝙔𝙎 𝙒𝘼𝙏𝘾𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂

7 | 𝘼𝙇𝙒𝘼𝙔𝙎 𝙒𝘼𝙏𝘾𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂

It took another two days, but Natasha finally went through with her promise to talk with Steve and Tony about the lock on my door. After discussing it they had to call an official meeting of some sort to take the idea further up with other people who work with the Avengers, and they came to a conclusion with my approval: no more getting locked up at night or when I'm alone, but they installed a camera in my room. They also decided to give me a bracelet that serves as a tracking device. It's fair and less constricting than a locked door, so I was all for the idea.

Instead of just sitting around in my bedroom during the afternoon, I'm lounging in the empty common room with a couch and TV. I'm flicking through different channels with no idea of what to watch. I've never sat down and watched a show before, but everyone seems to love this useless activity, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to try to be normal.

I spend a few minutes watching some show about sea creatures before turning the channel again. As soon as the screen changes, Tony's face is displayed on the screen in the upper right corner. A news reporter with perfect white teeth and a pearl necklace stands in the center of the screen, talking straight to the camera.

"In other news, Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man, was spotted walking out of the Avengers Tower on Saturday evening. Paparazzi and reporters surrounded the billionaire with cameras flashing and questions flying. Stark is known for ignoring most reporters, but yesterday the questions seemed to strike up a reaction. Take a look."

I set my elbows on my knees and lean forward as the screen changes from the news station to outside the tower. Tony, who is surrounded by multiple news reporters and paparazzi with their microphones ready and their cameras out. They're pushing and shoving to get to Tony, who is trying to walk down the street to get to his car. The scene looks and sounds like chaos.

"Can you confirm that there is a new member of the Avengers?"

"What happened yesterday when that janitor fell from the building?"

"There are rumors circulating that the avengers are harboring a killer."

On screen, Tony whips around and scowls, his mouth opening like he's about to say something, but then he slips on his sunglasses and turns away, continuing to walk towards his car. His reaction causes the reporters and paparazzi to go wild.

"So is it true?"

"Did the Avengers recruit another murderer?"

Tony reaches his car at the end of the sidewalk and pulls the door open. He quickly gets in and closes the door behind him.