3: Audition Day pt. 1

Chapter 3: Audition Day pt. 1

We stood at the backstage by our respective group. The VCR is playing on the monitor and I can see the audience clapping their hands in excitement. I'm not nervous anymore because this isn't different from Produce 48. Being featured in the telivision is not new for me unlike the other trainees here.

"Jiyeon-ah, hwaiting!" I saw Jungkook at the other side showing his thumbs-up sign to me and I smiled. Omg, my idol just cheered me up! I'm so lucky today.

"Jiyeon-unnie, you're very lucky" Hyera said behind me.

"Why?" I asked, still with my smiles.

"To be cheered up by Jungkook-oppa" she pouted and I gave her a confusing look. "He never cheered for us except TXT-sunbaenim" she added.

"Oh. I see, sorry" I hanged my head low.

"That means, you're special for him" Soojin said facing her back to me.

"No, it's not what you think, guys. I just met him three days ago" I said with the most akward smile I ever did.

We were interrupted when the stage opened. We're about to perform, so I took a deep breath and I smiled as the audience clapped.

I'm the center of our group so I have to be so confident. We're not just dancing, we will sing too.

I danced as an intro until Soojin sang Ryujin's part.

"♪So what? Shingyeon an sseo. I'm sorry I don't care don't care really don't care♪" I sang and everyone hyped as they saw me.

We finished our performance receiving a good thoughts from the audience and that really made us to keep on going. The five of us are watching the second group performing Red Flavor at the TV screen.

"Gosh, they dance so well. Especially, Seomin-unnie. Haeyoung's vocal is good too" Hyera cheered for them beside me.

"Hyera, do you think we did a good performance?" I asked her.

"Yes. Jiyeon danced so well" a manly voice was heard from behind us. I widened my eyes when I realized that it's Jungkook.

"T-thank you" I shyly bowed to him and he patted my head.

"Keep on going, Jiyeon. I'm here to support you together with the audience" he said and pinched my nose. He left the room and I stood on my spot, still frozen.

"The most handsome and sexiest man in the world, the man who ranked 2nd on TC Candler's Most Hansome Faces of 2018 and the cutest yet manliest maknae from a famous boy group who paved the way just cheered you up, isn't you lucky unnie?" Minjung said behind me.

"See, you're special for him" Soojin said. I shook my head and sighed. But why? Is it because i'm their fan or because i'm one of Big Hit's family? But he never cheered for the girls except me.

"Guys, are you an ARMY?" I looked at everyone. Minjung and Soojin nodded their head.

"Jungkook-oppa is my bias, Soojin-unnie's bias is Taehyungie" Minjung said and I looked at Hyera and Sewon.

"Actually, i'm an EXO-L" Hyera shyly said and Sewon didn't bother to talk nor look at me.

"Are you that close to Jungkook?" I asked them and they shook their head.

"Not that close, we talk sometimes about training. But we talk so much with TXT" Hyera said.

So does that mean, i'm different from them? But how and why?