| chapter eight

"we fell in love at the wrong time."

××

yeonjun didn't actually go to school. he went straight to park where soobin rejected him, only to see soobin sitting at the exact swing that moment happened.

the park was completely empty. only a few stray animals running since it was early.

he went behind a tree and peeked at him.

he's mumbling something i can't hear. yeonjun mentally said.

soobin looks worried and sad. he sighed and stood up. he looked straight at the tree and furrowed his eyebrows.

yeonjun hid behind the tree as fast as lightning. he stood still.

he can hear footsteps walking closer.

"y-yeonjun hyung? is that you?" the younger boy asked while stuttering.

yeonjun widened his eyes. his eyes became sad.

"i'm sorry for interrupting your time soobin. i just happened to see you here. i'll just leave." he stated while showing himself then exiting the park.

"wait. give me a chance to explain please." soobin begged, mouth turned into a pout.

yeonjun gulped and shook his head.

"i completely understand already. it's fine." he lied, he doesn't understand and he's not fine at all.

"i just- nevermind."

soobin lowered his head.

yeonjun sighed angrily making soobin shudder.

"don't you think i can't see it? i know all of you are hiding something from me! you, beomgyu, mr. jung and my parents. all of you know something i'm supposed to be aware of!" yeonjun shouted at the younger who was completely terrified to say something.

soobin was teary-eyed. he was scared.

this wasn't the yeonjun he knew.

"can you stop crying and tell me the truth?!" yeonjun shouted at soobin once again. and that was the last straw, soobin burst into tears.

yeonjun saw the scene and turned soft. he regretted letting all his anger out at soobin.

soobin wiped his tears while hiccuping,

"so your really want to know?"

yeonjun could only nod.

"promise me you won't get mad at yourself."

yeonjun gulped and closed his eyes, ready to find out the truth.

soobin took a deep breath and said,

"i-i'm.." soobin burst into tears again but still managed to continue his sentence.

"not real.."

yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows and frowned.

"what?"

"i'm not real, i'm only a part of your imagination. i was the result of your depression, that's the reason why we can't be together."

yeonjun widened his eyes. suddenly, everything felt connected. he understood why soobin wanted to leave when he wanted him to meet his friends.

"d-does it mean t-that.."

"yes. i'm only here to make you happy, then make you forget me." soobin said sadly.

"i can never forget you though.." yeonjun inched closer to soobin and cupped his cheeks. (yeonjun is taller than soobin in this fanfic.)

soobin looked at yeonjun and pushed him away. he frowned and shook his head.

"what's holding you back, soobin?"

"i already told you we can't be together."

"i know that already! would you stop shoving that to my face?!-

please.. just this once."

soobin sighed.

"f-fine."

yeonjun smiles, cupping the younger's cheeks once again.

"but on one condition,"

"i'll do anything soobinie. just let me have this moment please."

"after this, i want you to drink your medicine to forget me."

yeonjun looked shocked.

"what?! anything but that!"

soobin held yeonjun's hand that was cupping his cheeks.

"you promised.."

"i-i'm sorry, soobin."

"wh-"

yeonjun cut soobin off by pressing his lips onto his. he stayed there for a few seconds and pulled away leaving a red soobin.

he pushed their foreheads together and intertwined their hands.

oh how he wished this moment didn't end.