Welcome to the club

Mount Olympus-Throne Room

"I will not have him disrespect my hunters and I again father!" That was how the meeting began, with Artemis yelling at Zeus about my "disrespectful attitude" towards her hunters.

"Artemis, he hasn't been disrespectful, he's been kind to you and your hunters. He even brought a couple young maidens to you if I'm not mistaken." Zeus said

"That's not the point! Perseus has been stealing my hunts. That is very disrespectful to the goddess of the hunt!" She screamed. Zeus put a hand to his temple, tired of hearing his daughter's immature nature.

"Once again if I'm not mistaken, isn't Perseus the god of the hunt." Artemis gritted her teeth but sunk back into her throne defeated. I didn't like her like this. I may be the god of the hunt but she has seniority over me. I'll talk to her after the meeting about how we could settle our differences. Because I don't want her to take her anger out on my group.

"Now then since that's out of the way, let us discuss other matters. Does anyone have anything they would like to add." Zeus said. Hades cleared his throat. "I'm feeling disturbances in Tartarus. It could be nothing serious but I haven't felt anything like this since the Titan war."

That got the council's attention. The gods were not ready for another war, certainly not after just barely winning the giant war a couple years back. Poseidon also spoke. "I too have felt disturbances in the sea. I've also received word that some ancient creatures have begun to swim across the seas." The council once again got a wary look in their eyes. Zeus stroked his beard, thinking of ways to solve this  problem.

"I want every Olympian to begin gaining back their strength. I want you all to start training and getting stronger everyday. That way we will have a better advantage in case this does turn out to be another war." The Olympian's looked perplexed. They haven't been at their full strength in a long time. Zeus began to talk again.

"In order for us to achieve our full power, we need to have offerings and prayers. Hermes I want you to go to both camps and order the demigods to sacrifice and pray more to us." Zeus said. That shouldn't anger the demigods because ever since I made Zeus change that law about the gods visiting their children, they began to love their parents. Zeus apparently thought the same thing as he looked over at me.

"We also need scouts on land. So I propose that the demigods send out quest to see if they can find any clues on what we're dealing with. We also need to find any clues that could help us figure out this situation." The council nodded in agreement. "I also propose that the hunters of Artemis and the ghost of Perseus work alongside each other so that way we could take down more enemies." The council was shocked. Artemis and I couldn't even be near each other without us fighting let alone work alongside with one another.

I looked over at Artemis to see how she was taking this. She had murder in her eyes and thankfully it wasn't aimed at me this time.

"WHAT!" She screamed. She slammed her hands on her throne. "Absolutely not, my hunters can do this all their own. They do not need those boys!" Zeus just sighed wondering why his daughter cant just follow his command.
"Zeus, I don't mind working with Artemis but we all know she will try to kill my group. Then I'll retaliate and it would be a bloodbath." I said.

"I know that Perseus but I was hoping this could settle y'alls differences and we could finally stop the meddling between you two. Zeus said tiredly. I looked over at Artemis and used my mind to talk to her.

"Look, I know we have our differences but let's just accept his request. I know the council is tired of our constant arguing and if this is the beginning of another war, we will need to work together." I said looking at her. Artemis gritted her teeth, not liking the situation.

"I don't care how the council feels. My hunters will not be near your group let alone work with them. We can take care of ourselves." She said stubbornly.

"Artemis please, we can figure out how we can make this work for the both of us." Artemis sighed in defeat when I finished talking. "Fine, I will work with Perseus." She said.

"Thank you Daughter, this will help us greatly." Zeus said. "If there is no other matters to discuss then council dismissed but please remember your duties as this could be the stirrings of war." With that everyone flashed off, doing whatever is needed of them. Artemis and I stayed though.

"Perseus, I don't like this one bit." She said.

"Neither do I but it must be done. For Olympus's sake." I said trying not to her anger her. She just sighed. "I'll gather my hunters, where shall we meet."

"I have my own base, it has enough room for your hunters. We'll meet there." I said

"Meeting on your own turf, doesn't that seem like a trap." She speculated. I just sighed, I knew she wasn't going to trust me. "I swear on the Styx I will not attack you once you enter my base." She just nodded and flashed off to her hunters. This is going to be interesting I thought.

I flashed off to the base where my group was staying. When I got there thankfully all the guys were gathered up eating in the cafeteria.

"Percy you're back. How'd it go?" Viper said as he ate his burger. "It had some up and downs. Do you guys want to hear the good news or bad news first?" I said. The guys put down their food. "Why does this feel like we're about to be sent to detention." Ripely said. "Shut up ripely, you didn't even go to school." Butcher said.

"Guys stop this is serious." I said. They looked at each other and said "good news first." "Your going to have new roommates." I said. They got excited when I said that. More members on the team awesome! "Bad news is that the new roommates are the hunters of Artemis and we might be going to war with an unknown enemy." All their faces dropped. Jax choked on his burger and Wayland fell out of his chair.

"WHAT!" They said. "You can't be serious, we've been fighting them ever since this group was established, why the sudden change."

"This is Zeus's order, there is nothing I can do about it. All I ask of you guys is to try not to start trouble and if the hunters give you a hard time come to me and I'll settle it with Artemis."

"Yes Sir." They sighed "Sir what time will they get here?"

"Anytime now, just continue your regular schedule until I arrange a meeting for all of us so we can figure how this is going to work." As if on cue there was a flash, signaling the arrival of the hunters.

"We're here." Artemis said.

Sorry for the wait guys. I had exams then I had my birthday then the playoffs of my baseball season. So I've been busy. Anyway thanks for the reviews and comments. @DarkGreninaFanFics brought it to my attention that I spelled Zeus wrong and I was like fuck how could I spell that wrong. It's literally the easiest word to spell in Greek mythology and I fucked it up. Anyway this story is still continuing just slowly. See you next time