Chapter 11

Chapter 11: (Mia's POV)

I was sleeping fast asleep when I started feeling really cold all of a sudden, but when I tried to shift around and get further into the sleeping bag, I realized I couldn't move because something was gripping my waist tightly, preventing me from any sort of movement. I looked down at my waist and saw an arm draped over it, tightly holding it in place. I softly lifted his arm and turned over so I was now facing him. I hadn't been asleep for that long I checked my phone and saw that it was ten minutes past 1 in the morning, and we went to asleep at roughly 11:45. I closed my eyes, still cold but unable to move while I tried to go to sleep, but I couldn't, I was way too cold. I was contemplating whether I should say something but he interrupted my mental debate and spoke in a hoarse, raspy morning voice. "You could just tell me that you're cold." he said as he pulled me in closer and pulled the top of the sleeping bag higher up. "I didn't want to wake you up." I mumbled as I immediately started getting warmer from the blanket that was attached to the inside of the sleeping bag.

"If you were cold, you should have woken me up, regardless." he said as he cleared his throat and kissed the top of my head. I immediately stiffened. He can't kiss me like that, he wasn't my boyfriend. Not anymore. But, I didn't want to ruin the moment, so I kept my mouth shut. He lied there with his eyes closed holding me close to himself, while I just lied there looking at his face. "Stop staring." he mumbled as a strand of his loosely fell over his eyes. It was annoying me that he wasn't pushing the strand of hair away from his eyes. "I-I wasn't staring." I flat out lied.

"Whatever you say." he slightly smiled. I still just lied there looking at that strand of hair, getting annoyed by it. "You can push it away." he chuckled. I sighed in relief as I pushed the strand of hair back, and then I couldn't stop myself from playing with his hair for a little bit. I finally caught myself and pulled my hands away, keeping them to myself. A few seconds went by before he grabbed my hand from under the covers and placed it in his hair before slowly opening his eyes and looking down at me, smiling. I chuckled to myself as I continued to play with his hair, eventually both of us falling back asleep.

Then I woke up again, this time at 7:30 in the morning due to the alarm on my phone that I forgot to turn off. "Sun's up. Rise and shine." I said as I immediately got out of the sleeping bag and started packing my things and his. Just in time, I finished packing while Grace barged in with a toothbrush and toothpaste in hand for me. "Got extra for you." she whispered as she saw Ryder still fast asleep. I mouthed a quick 'Thanks' and took it from her. I quickly went to the bathrooms and brushed my teeth and then went back to wake Ryder up. "Wakey wakey." I said as I lied back down for a second. "Mm-mm." he shook his head no. "Yes, wake up. We're about to leave." I said as I shoved his toothbrush in his mouth and shook him a little. He groaned but finally left to brush his teeth. He soon came back and started packing while I just sat out in the sand, looking at the ocean until Daniel called us to the car and we began the drive home. Half way through the ride, I fell asleep and so did Ryder, once again in my lap. I hate him. And what he does to me.

Finally, we got home and my house and Ryder's since we live next to each other, was the first stop since it was closest to the beach. We finally got out of the car and so did Daniel to help me carry some stuff. I got out and immediately went to grab all my things while Ryder did the same but ran straight to his driveway. Someone's in a rush to get home. Or so I thought. "Hi babe!" I heard a loud squeaky voice yell. Babe? I cocked my head to the right and leaned out to see at who it was and what I saw, shattered me all over again. I saw Bella standing in Ryder's driveway, swallowing his face while he did the same... He kissed her back.

Before anyone could say anything to me and justify his actions, I grabbed his bag and walked over to him, throwing it at his feet. I walked back to the trunk, grabbed my own bag and started stomping over to my house while my eyes stung from tears threatening to roll out. I quickly wiped away the tear as I struggled to dig through my bag to look for my keys. "Where the fuck did I keep them?" I groaned and mumbled to myself before I felt someone yank me by my arm, turning me around. "I can explain." Ryder said softly but before he could say anything further and I could react, Ethan yelled from the car. "Mia your keys!" he said as he dangled them from the right window of the car. I sighed in frustration and went and got them from him. "Thanks." I just above a whisper as a tear escaped my eye. "Babe where are you going?" Bella yelled as I turned around and saw Ryder jogging up to me. "I gotta go." I mumbled before Ethan could say anything else to me. "Mia, wait!" Ryder yelled as he grabbed me by my wrist before I could rush past him and into my house. "What Ryder?" I yelled out in frustration. "What can you explain? Can you explain how you just kissed her not even 24 hours after you've kissed me?" I said, not too loud, trying to avoid Bella interrupting our conversation.

"Can you explain how you told me within the past 2 days that you want to be with me again but you're here kissing her? Can you?" I asked pleadingly, my voice breaking and my vision blurry from tears. He just stayed quiet, that asshole. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him. I knew it. "What's the problem here? Oh wait, I see. Mia is just jealous that she doesn't have what you and I do, isn't that right?" she asked as she clung to Ryder like glue. "Shut up, Bella. I had something with her that you will never have with me." Ryder told her still looking at me. "What the fuck are you doing here anyway?" he asked her, not avoiding my gaze. I scoffed and started walking to my house again, but he followed me. "I wanted to see you." Bella whined following him, therefore following me. "I told you I don't want to see you don't you get that!" Ryder yelled still calling my name, trying to get me to listen. "What do you mean you don't want to see me? See me how? The way you came to see me the night you left her?" she screamed. I immediately stopped trying to unlock my door, which somehow wouldn't open, and turned to face Ryder and Bella. He went to see her the night he broke up with me?

"Bella..." Ryder said in a threatening and warning tone. Was she telling the truth.

"Don't you know, Mia? He came to see me that night. He actually came straight from your place. You remember what he was wearing don't you? The black v-neck with grey sweatpants? With a picture of you two as his lock screen, the picture from your first date? You know, don't you?" she said in a sweet voice. I knew exactly what she was talking about. I took that picture.

"Bella stop it." Ryder demanded but she continued anyway.

"Why? She should know, don't you think? She should know, how you came running to me as soon as she was gone. Like you were dying to come to me." she declared.

Just put a picture of Froy up there because... Look at him.