Chapter 53

Chapter 53: (Mia's POV)

"No! I wanted that gummy bear!" I whined while I tried to find another red gummy bear even though Ryder took the last one. We were currently sitting in my living room, with popcorn, gummy bears and iced tea since that's my favorite drink while we watched a movie. We were watching We're The Millers. Before this, we were watching 21 Jump Street. Comedy movie marathon you could say. "Take it." he teased as he stuck his tongue out with the gummy bear on it. "Ew! No thanks." I scrunched up my nose in disgust as I pushed his face away from me.

"Mia, we're going out for dinner. Wants us to bring anything for you?" my mom asked as she grabbed her purse with my dad behind her as they walked towards the front door. "Take out?" I asked. "What would you like?" she asked as my dad grabbed the car keys from the kitchen counter. "Taco Bell." I smiled pleadingly.

"Your usual?" she asked, making me nod. "And Ryder?" she asked, as she looked over at him. He looked at me weirdly before telling her, "You really don't have to-" he started but she cut her off. "I'm trying to be nice here. My daughter doesn't plan on leaving you so I might as well have good thoughts on you. What would you like?" she asked him with a pointed look on her face.

"A chicken burrito." he smiled at her before she nodded and went out the door with my dad.

Once they left, we looked at each other weirdly. "What the hell just happened?" we both said at the same time. "I think she's starting to like you." I said in realization as I processed that my dad probably told her everything since they can't keep secrets from each other at all and she probably finally realized why Jeremy was not a good option and I wasn't gonna leave Ryder any time soon. "Do you think Mr Stewart told her?" he questioned with a nervous look on his face.

"Why do you call him Mr Stewart?" I laughed. "You can just call them by their first names." I suggested. "No, I can't. Not until they ask me to." he sighed as he put the empty bowl where the gummy bears were not too long ago on the table in front of us. "My dad already has. Thrice!" I laughed. "True but he doesn't mind me calling him Mr Stewart, right?" he asked.

"You don't call him Mr Stewart in front of him though, you call him sir." I scoffed. "He's not gonna kill you, Ryder." I looked up at the ceiling before letting out a sigh.

"That's not what I understood during the interrogation phase." he shook his head.

"Who's dad doesn't try to scare their daughter's boyfriend in the interrogation phase?" I cocked a brow at him. "True." he sighed in defeat.

"They like you, Ryder. And even if they don't, that doesn't change anything about you and I." I turned to face him. "I know. But, there's just something different about knowing that the parents of the girl who you like, like you too. It feels good to have that approval. It tells me that they think I'm worthy enough. And it sucks to know that your mom doesn't think that. My mom, on the other hand, loves you. I have a feeling she's planning our wedding." he spoke, looking sad.

"Well then she can be the wedding planner when it does happen." I joked, making him laugh a little. "Ryder, please don't let my parents get in the way of this. Shane didn't affect us, neither should my mom. For all I care, she can tell me to be with young Leo and I'd say no." I shrugged. He gave me a knowing look. "I would. I really would. You're so much better than young Leo. And I actually know you, so that's a plus." I huffed as I put the popcorn away. I turned to look at him to see him looking at me intently. "What?" I asked as I rested my head sideways on the couch while he did the same, mirroring me. "How the hell did I get so lucky to have you?" he breathed. "Well, to be honest, you really didn't. You tried to take me out for a whole damn year and in the end, I only said yes and agreed to go out with you, to get you to leave me alone." I taunted.

"Is that how it happened? Because frankly, that's not how I remember it." he shook his head before resting it in my lap. "How do you remember it?" I asked while I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Like a fairytale." he snickered, making me smile. I was tracing his bottom lip when he pulled my hand away and told me, "Kiss me." I raised an eyebrow at him challengingly. "Please." he whispered. I still didn't kiss him or say anything so he sat up and turned to face me. "Please." he pleaded. "You have awfully high demands." I scoffed teasingly, making him give me a pointed look. "Ok, ok, fine." I sighed before I pulled him in from the collar of his shirt and pressed my lips to his for a short moment. I pulled away only for him to mumble, "Mm-mm." before grabbing the back of my neck and pulling me deeper into the kiss. We kissed for a moment before pulling away and just looking at each other. We sat in silence for a minute until I broke it, "I'm still not your girlfriend." I clicked my tongue.

"Damnit. Did you really have to ruin the moment?" he groaned in frustration.

"We were having a moment?" I asked in false innocence.

"Yes, we were. Wanna have another one?" he smirked before kissing me again, only for the doorbell to interrupt us. "This always fucking happens." he mumbled under his breath as he followed me to go answer the door.

I opened the door with Ryder beside me and saw Jeremy standing with his back towards me. I instantly panicked and pushed Ryder against the wall to my left while the door was wide open towards the right. "Um Jeremy? W-what are you doing here? I-I thought you had a flight a couple hours ago?" I stuttered, hoping he doesn't see Ryder, right next to him on the wall. If he took one step forward, and looked to his right, my left, he'd see Ryder, standing against the wall, breathing heavily. "I was actually on my way to the airport and I thought I'd come and say bye." he leaned in for a hug but I pushed him back, making sure he doesn't see Ryder. "You uh- you did already. During the day, remember?" I breathed a little heavily.

"Just thought I'd say it again. You're acting weird. Are you ok?" he asked suspiciously, narrowing his eyes down at me. "Y-yeah, I'm just recovering. From the uh-" I stalled. Think Mia! Think! "The book that you told me to read the other day. It was amazing!" I made up a lie on the spot that for sure sounded way more believable in my head. "What book?" he questioned.

"The uh- the one from my shelf that you showed me." my breathing quickened. What the hell was the fucking title?

"I think I'm forgetting the title, can you remind me?" this son of a bitch wants to interrogate me right the fuck now? While I'm panicking inside while I pant a little, running out of air for my lungs. Which book was it? Which one? "Eleanor and Park. R-right?" I took a wild fucking guess. Please be the one. Please be the one. Please be the one. "Oh yeah, it was that one." he nodded.

"It was?" I blurted out. Oh my god, Mia. Shut the fuck up! "I mean, it was." I nodded frantically.

"Yeah um- bye Mia." he said looking at me weirdly.

"Bye." I squeaked out before slamming the door shut. "That was close!" I let out a breath.

.

.

.

.

.

I really hope this chapter made sense. 

Fun Fact: I was eating a chicken burrito from Taco Bell while publishing this chapter :p

Coincidence? I think not.

Also, I put up the song that I listened to while writing this chapter. It's a really good song, people who like sad love songs should listen to it. Lewis Capaldi is my partner in heartbreak.