Chapter 57

Chapter 57: (Ryder's POV)

I swear to god something is wrong with Mrs Grim. Who does that? She had way too much fun right there. "Well, that was weird. Um- I'm gonna settle him down on the couch." she told me before she walked over to the couch with Liam in her arms while I followed and plopped down beside him on the couch. "I've gotta go get his food ready so can you take care of him while I do that?" she asked as she got out some oatmeal to go and make for Liam. Babies take so much work, exactly why I never want one. Or well, at least for now. "Yeah sure." I nodded before she left me with the little kid. I let out a tired sigh since like she said, we're running on three hours and thirty-five minutes of sleep before I closed my eyes and leaned my head back. 

I was exhausted but then again, I did that to myself. My thoughts were interrupted by a giggle that came from my left. I opened my eyes and looked down at the kid to see him looking at me, laughing. "Is something funny?" I narrowed my eyes down at him. Now I know the kid can barely speak let alone understand when I talk but it's still amusing. Apparently it's more amusing for him since he just laughed harder at what I was saying. I just watched him laugh at absolutely nothing until I heard Mia say, "I hear laughing. I take it, it's all going good?" she called out as she made the food. Before I could respond, I felt the kid crawl over and sit in my lap. I held him, making sure he wouldn't fall before responding. "Yeah, it's all good." I called back before looking down to see him smiling at me adorably. This is not good.

I was sitting there for another two minutes or so until Mia came in with food for the little guy. I'd like to say we've become acquainted. I was holding him while she was feeding him until my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket to see the caller ID to be Charles. "I need to take this. Can you hold him for a minute?" I asked as to which she instantly agreed and took him in her arms, settling him onto the couch where I was sitting not too long ago while I went upstairs to answer the phone call. "Hello?" I asked into the phone as I shut her bedroom door and sat on the foot of her bed. "Hello Ryder. I just called to check in. Is everything going well?" he asked into the phone. "Uh- yeah, everything's fine. Do you have any updates as to when I'm out?" I questioned. Lately it's been frustrating me to know that I'm so close to getting out but technically, I'm still not out. 

And it's starting to get annoying as to how he just isn't ready to tell his men yet. I mean it's really not that complicated. I've been in the gang and I know their laws. You can't hurt anyone that's not part of their world of dealing. And once I'm out, they can't hurt me because if they do, they have to face the consequences and sometimes they can lose their lives. "I still need some time, Ryder. I know you're getting frustrated but it's just going to-" he tried explaining into the phone but that was my last string. And I snapped. "It's just going to what, Charles? I've been stuck doing this way too long! I want out and I want it now!" I shouted into the phone.

"You know it doesn't work like that, kid. I've told my men but I need to tell every person you've ever dealt with for me. Everyone in this world needs to know that you're out and that any damage done to you or anyone related to you, is pointless and forbidden!" he too yelled into the phone. "Charles listen, someone is helping Shane here! Jeremy is helping him too and-" I was ranting but he cut me off. "Wait slow down. How did Jeremy enter the picture?" he asked confused. Crap! Nobody told him. 

"Oh god ok, a couple days ago, Mia and I broke up because of Jeremy entering the picture. You know I don't trust that bastard but she does, or well, she did. Yesterday, her parents came back early and her dad told us that Shane spoke to him and told him that I'm in a gang and that she's been seeing Jeremy who is also in the gang. Nobody except for her, me and Jeremy knew that she was seeing him. So the only way that Shane knew was through Jeremy. But what didn't make sense was how Shane was getting all this information because Shane is with your men and Jeremy hasn't seen you or been to your house, which is where you're keeping Shane. So the only thing that makes sense, if that one of your men are telling him." I ranted and quickly explained everything to him.

"Why the hell would you break up with Mia? Are you insane? Look kid, I know sometimes things don't work out but you can't let her go! You are the one thing keeping her safe!" he scolded me over the phone. "I know! We got back together but we can't tell anyone because she's pretending to go out with Jeremy to get information out of him." I sighed into the phone. I heard him let out a sigh of relief before saying, "I'll figure out where Shane's contacting people from and who's helping him. Until then, just stay with her and do not let her get out of your sight." he told me sternly before hanging up.

 I sighed before putting my phone back in my pocket and heading back downstairs. "I'm sorry I took so long I-" I was talking while looking down at my feet when I felt her run into me and smack her hand over my mouth, making me look up with absolute confusion in my eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows at her before she pointed to the cradle by her couch where Liam was sleeping.

I nodded slowly, making her remove her hand from my mouth. "He should be out for around 30 minutes." she whispered, looking very tired and exhausted.

"And you should too. You look very tired." I ran my fingers through her hair. She shook her head with a lazy smile on her face. "If I go to sleep right now, I won't be able to sleep at night." she let out a sigh. "Well we don't have to sleep at night." I smirked at her before leaning in and pressing my lips to hers. She smiled into the kiss before pulling away. "Then what are we gonna do at night?" she asked smirking.

"I don't know, you tell me." I looked down at her with a tired and lazy smile playing on my lips. "Sleep. That's what we're gonna do tonight. Sleep." she raised an eyebrow at me before walking into her kitchen and leaning against the counter while she arched her back, stretching out her body probably since she was stiff from sitting in one position until Liam fell asleep.

"Do you want some coffee? I'm gonna make some tea." she told me as she walked over to the other side and grabbed two mugs and a tea bag along with coffee beans. "I'll actually just take tea for once." I said while following her into the kitchen while she filled up both mugs with hot water and placed tea bags in them. She threw her hair up in a bun earlier and was currently massaging her shoulder blades. We ever realized the importance of sleep until now. 

"Feel better?" I asked while I pushed her arms away and massaged her shoulders, making her nod, answering my question. I massaged her shoulders for a minute or two before wrapping my arms around her waist from behind. "Here's your tea served." she turned to face me with a smile, handing me a mug. "Thank you." I smiled before leaning in for a kiss, our lips meeting again.

.

.

.

.

.

The story's gonna come to end soon you guys, a couple more chapters left. :'(