Chapter 49

Chapter 49: (Mia's POV)

I woke up at around ten in the morning to find myself on my bed. Question is, how did I get here? I was just lying still with my eyes closed until I felt something cold touch my leg, making me gasp and shoot my eyes open. "What are you doing?" I asked, my voice raspy and hoarse from me just waking up as I saw Ryder kneeling next to my bed while putting some ointment on my legs. "I'm putting medicine on your bug bites. In case you forgot, we slept outside. I brought you inside this morning with Ethan's help before they left." he explained, continuing to soothe the bug bites with medicine. "Oh fuck." I whispered to myself. "You have to go." I said to him as he moved from my left leg to my right. 

"Why?" he asked confused, still applying the medicine on my legs. 

"Jeremy's gonna be here soon." I informed him, I expected him to stiffen but he didn't seem phased. "Even better." he shrugged before continuing. I tried to pull my legs up in order for me to sit up but he pulled them back down. "What do you mean even better?" I asked confused. "Even better." he looked up at me and shrugged before closing the medicine and going into the bathroom to put it back. "Even better? Huh?" I mumbled to myself before getting up and going into the bathroom to brush my teeth and freshen up. I walked into the bathroom to see Ryder leaning against the counter. "Hello there." he greeted. Something's not right here.

"You're acting weird." I pointed out while I applied toothpaste to the brush.

"I am?" this guy really thinks he can play dumb and I won't know?

"Don't play dumb." I shook my head as I finished brushing my teeth and rinsing my mouth.

"I'm not playing dumb." he scoffed and shook her head, chuckling while he leaned against the wall. "Are you not?" I arched an eyebrow at him while he put his hands up in surrender, with amusement dancing in his eyes. I pinned him to the wall, standing on my toes, trying to level our height to seem more intimidating. "Nope." he shook his head slightly while smirking before picking me up and placing me on the counter, standing between my legs, while I just sat there, taken back and shocked. 

"I'm not playing dumb." he smirked as he placed his hands on my waist while I tauntingly wrapped mine around his neck. "Sure, whatever you say." I shrugged, just sitting there with a bored look plastered on my face, whereas in reality, I was far from bored. It was hilarious seeing confusion make its way onto his face. "Whatever I say huh?" he questioned before poking my side, making me squeal and push him back a little. "Don't do that." I warned before trying to get out of the bathroom. Keyword, tried. Since Ry was quick to grab my wrist and place me back on the counter. "Where are you going?" he smirked, leaning in closer.

"Away from you." I smiled in a sickly sweet way, making him smirk. I really wanna smack that smirk off his face. "What are you really doing Ry?" I asked confused and suspicious.

"Keeping you away from your front door while Ethan tells Jeremy you're not home." he shrugged. I was about to scream loud enough for Jeremy to hear but he saw it coming and clamped his hand down on my mouth.

I tried to rip his hand off my mouth but he grabbed my hands in his other and smirked non stop. I just sat there, hopelessly as I heard the car drive off. When the car drove off but Ry still didn't take his hand off my mouth, I playfully bit his finger, making him pull his hand back. "Since when did you get so feisty?" he asked and shook his hand, trying to release the little to no pain probably. "Since you clamped your hand over my mouth. So what? Is this your new strategy? Just not let Jeremy see me until you find a way to win me back?" I couldn't help but shoot out the question. "Something like that." he shrugged casually and carelessly.

"It's not gonna work." I shook my head, once again trying to go to my room but he just pinned me down, making me sit there, and suffer in silence. "You won't be able to do it." I shrugged.

"And why is that?" he leaned in even further, our noses almost touching.

"Because I won't let you." I said, just above a whisper while I breathed heavily. How does this guy still have an effect on me? Why does this guy still have an effect on me? Oh that's right, because I love him. "And why won't you let me?" he questioned, just above a whisper.

"Take a wild guess." I prompted, very sarcastically.

"Because that would just make it too damn easy." he quoted me from the last conversation we had about something like this, making me smile. "See, you know the drill. Care to let me go?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Hmm, not quite yet." he smirked teasingly.

"And why is that?" I questioned, not bothered at this point by our close proximity or by his plans and ideas of getting me away from Jeremy. And I know it sounds it a little selfish since I am just using Jeremy for Ry, but he's using me too, for Bella, so we're fair and square. "Because I find this situation very amusing." he licked his lips, making me glance at them before I made myself look up and into his eyes. "Why? You're not having an effect on me so..." I trailed off, intrigued and curious. "Am I not?" he asked as he leaned in dangerously close to me, making me heart beat quicken. Ok, maybe I lied. Maybe he does have an effect on me. 

"No, you're not having an effect on me." I continued to lie, biting my lip to make sure I don't stutter and he continued to lean in. "Still not having an effect on you?" he asked, as his lips got terrifyingly close to mine, brushing against them. "Nope." I held my head up high, getting my lips away from his. Before I could sigh in relief, I felt his lips on my neck, already starting to leave hickeys. What is with this guy and giving me hickeys? "What is it with you giving me hickeys? Ok, you can be a little more gentle." I asked confused, complaining about the little to no pain I felt but it was a good shot at getting him to stop.

"It doesn't bother you when I'm here kissing your neck and giving you hickeys?" he sighed in frustration as he pulled away, leaving me with two hickeys probably.

"No, I don't mind having hickeys on my neck." especially his but of course I can't tell him that. "Does Jeremy mind?" he asked cockily.

"I've actually gotten surprisingly good at using concealer to hide hickeys. Maybe I could teach you." I said, while pointing to the hickey I gave him about two days ago. It had faded a little but was still pretty visible. "Maybe I don't wanna learn." he shrugged.

"Maybe you just don't get enough hickeys to need to learn to hide them." I snorted.

"Giving me hickeys is your job, babe. Nobody else's." he shook his head softly. "I can't give that job to anyone else." he sighed.

"Well, I quit." I argued.

"No you don't." he disagreed.

"Yes I do." I argued

"You quit when I tell you to quit, babe." 

.

.

.

.

I disappeared for a while. Hehe sorry.