Chapter 47

Chapter 47: (Mia's POV)

Oh shit. Wait. Wait. Wait. I can't be doing this. I pushed myself off of him and stood in front of him while he sat up. "But just because I don't want to go out with him, doesn't mean that you use it as a window to find your way back to me. If you want me back, earn me back." I stood sternly, hoping that my false confidence and me playing hard to get would cover for my slip up. Get your shit together, Mia. You cannot be slipping up and kissing him like that. At least I got the kiss I wanted. "Did you just do all that to get the kiss that you wanted?" he asked as he got up and took steps towards me while looking down at me and eventually cornering me between him and the wall, again. "Are you saying you didn't want that kiss?" I questioned, turning the conversation to him. "Oh babe, I wanted it way worse than you did." he scoffed as he put his arm next to my head. "Then why are you complaining? You got the kiss that you wanted. Now leave." I demanded, folding my arms across my chest, rolling my eyes at him.

"Hmm, not so fast. I want more." he looked at me daringly.

"More what?" I said bitterly.

"Kisses. Maybe I just want more than kisses all in all." he shrugged before cocking his head to the right.

"You kinda lost the right to ask for that when you broke up with me. You can ask someone else for those kisses and more." I spat before pushing him off and going down to my kitchen.

"I don't want them from someone else, I want them from you." he said, following me into the kitchen. "Well then, I'm not one to give so easily." I taunted before opening my fridge and grabbing some spaghetti that I made earlier this morning when Jeremy was here. "See, that's where you're wrong, babe. You tend to give very easily." he smirked as I turned to face him to find him standing right behind me, making me crash into the fridge. "Try me." I dared after placing the food on the counter. "You know you're really tempting me to kiss you right now." he sighed. "Do you always give in to temptation?" I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"No, but for you I'll make an exception." he shrugged before leaning in and trying to kiss me, only for me to turn my head to the right, dodging his kiss, making him kiss my cheek smack on.

I grabbed his face, pulling it away before turning to face him. "Listen here Ry," I breathed when I felt him pinch my waist not too roughly but enough that I felt it when I said Ry. "What?" he asked, sighing in defeat. "Earn me and keep me, and maybe then you'll get those kisses and more, but until then, you're stuck feeling like this." I shrugged, faking pity before getting out of his grip and heating up the spaghetti. "Feeling like what?" he asked confused as he watched my every move. "Sexually frustrated." we heard Ethan and Grace speak up, startling us both.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" I let out a breath before walking into the living room.

"I was coming over to yours." Grace shrugged.

"And I assume you were driving her?" Ryder smirked at Ethan, making him turn red while Grace rolled her eyes. Oh boy. "Can I speak to you, Ethan?" I asked, walking over to him and dragging him away before he could protest. "You need to ask her out. As soon as possible because if I know her, which I do, she's beginning to think that you're not interested anymore. And she's more of the mad type than the sad type." I warned him which he swiftly nodded before we walked back into the living room. "Can you guys maybe come around later? I need to have a chat with Mia." Ryder requested them and before Grace or I could say anything, Ethan took her hand and led her out.

"You wanna have a chat with me? Well then, let's chat." I walked over to my couch and sat on it, criss-cross applesauce. He sat down opposite to me and began. "I'm selfish. I'm fucking selfish which is exactly why, even though Jeremy is better for you, I cannot let you go." he breathed.

"So you're aware of the fact that you're bad for me?" I questioned.

"Yes, I am. And I am aware that you deserve someone who doesn't put your life at risk-"

"Or his own." I cut him off before letting him continue.

"Or his own. Who doesn't get possessive over you-"

"I actually like when you get possessive over me, so..." I trailed off, making him smirk. Shouldn't have said that out loud. "Do you now?" he teased.

"You were saying something?" I prompted.

"You deserve someone who loves you unconditionally-"

"Which you do." I interrupted again before sheepishly smiling at him.

"Someone who doesn't let you do any of the stupid shit that you do with me, such as get tattoos-"

"I love my tattoo!" I defended.

"Mia, just because you love what I do for you and with you, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do." he shook his head disappointedly. "I lead you to trouble. Wherever I go, I find trouble."

"Trouble finds you." I shrugged, defending him against his own argument. Because it was true, he was pointing out his flaws in our relationship when those flaws were exactly what I loved. And still do. "Why are you defending me against my own argument?" he asked.

"Because your argument is bullshit and invalid." I huffed. "Ryder, everything that you think you do wrong, is exactly what you do right. So don't you dare say that you're bad for me because you might be, but not to me." I shook my head. "And I'm not any good for you either." I scoffed.

"You put your life on the line for me." he argued.

"And so did you for me!" I paused. "Ryder, we've done way too much for each other to turn our backs on this relationship now. You're stuck with me, whether you like it or not." I shrugged. "Plus, you're the one that showed up due to jealousy so..." I teased, making him crack a smile and chuckle.

"How can you say all this and still go out with Jeremy?" he questioned.

"How can you say all that and still not find a way to win me back?" I pressed. "Do you even still want me back, Ryder? Or are you just pretending?" I asked because to be honest, why would he want me back? I made him leave the gang, I made him stop seeing Bella and even though he said he wanted to do all that, I can't help but think that I pushed him to do it all.

"How the fuck can I not want you back, Mia? You've done more for me than any person in the world ever has, and you continue to do it everyday. So how the fuck can I not want you back?" he shook his head slightly.

"You can do so much prettier and better than me." I scoffed, feeling pathetic.

"I don't need pretty. I have you. You're my kind of pretty. Mia, you're beautiful."

Find me a Ryder. I can't believe I'm falling in love with my own character. Ugh.