Trans Booklet

Hi, so first things first-
Apologies for not posting recently in here. 
Lack of motivation i guess, so sorry. 

So recently, i've been getting some level of counselling through college and my counselor has been helping me with the trans-related issues. She gave me booklet with some very useful information in it and in this chapter i'm going to use it to write about some things? Some of this is UK information? So it may not be accurate to you, but i'm rolling with it. 

Names- Tips on choosing a name :) 
-You could maybe use a nickname or shorter version of your birth name which could be suited to your gender? 
-You could use a name that you know you may have been called if you had been born the opposite sex
-You could look at baby name books/websites (i did this)
-Take inspiration from people/characters you like 

Passing Tips-
- Longer hair can help with passing, but shorter feminine styles can also be effective. 
- Fringes are often very feminizing 
- Hair extensions can be very natural looking, but as hard to maintain as natural hair. 
- Wigs are also an option if you like, or your hair doesn't grow out naturally feminine. 
-Start with subtle make-up such as mascara and eye shadow if you are unsure about it. Using things such as foundation or face powders can help if you have masculine skin.
\

Legally Changing Your Name- UK 
-This is a fairly simple process. Two ways of doing it are by deed poll and statutory declaration (this is the most popular and simple option.) It only costs around £5 to have it witnessed by a solicitor. It is basically a document that states quite simply that you are no longer using your previous names and intend on using your new one(s). It does need to have a specific format to be legally binding though. The best thing to do is follow a template. 
e.g. http://genderedintelligence.co.uk/projects/kip/transitioning/name/statdec
You can also change your name on your qualification certificates, this can be done by contacting your exam boards. 

How To Get Treatments (UK)-
-Its up to you what you get; counselling, hormones, surgery.
-Start by going to your GP, it is best to take some general information with you to explain your situation clearly.
-Have a clear idea of what you want to achieve from the appointment: e.g. referral to a gender clinic
-If your GP isn't supportive you can always find another, don't be afraid to ask for a swap. 

NHS  vs Private (UK)-
-You can change part way through sometimes, though it is considered unethical and can cause issues if you from private back to NHS. 

NHS Pros-
-It's Free (!!!) 

NHS Cons-
-VERY long waiting times
-Less control on timescales/treatments. 
-Less choice over surgeons/procedures. 

Private Pros-
-Shorter waiting times.
-More choice over timescales and treatment options
-Choice of surgeon if you choose to have a surgery 

Effects of Hormones-
Reversible-
-Softer Skin
-Reduced Body Hair Growth
-Reduced Sex Drive 
-Increased mood swings/depression (fun)
-Redistribution of fat to produce a more female figure 
-Fuller cheeks from fat redistribution for a more feminine face

Irreversible-
-Some breast growth 
-Eventual infertility 
-Decrease in genital size

Surgical Options-
-Sex Reassignment Surgery: This is advanced and a very effective surgery, gynecologists are said to find it hard to find the difference between a constructed and natural vagina. 
It is normally possible to still be able to experience normal sensation and orgasm, though it cannot mimic the natural lubrication of a natal vagina. Genital surgery is irreversible and therefore has to have alot of thought before you choose to have it done. 
-Orchidectomy: This is basically the removal of the testes. This means testosterone will no longer be naturally produced by the body, and therefore you can do with out T blockers. Some trans women feel they want/need their penis for sexual purposes, therefore may only remove their testicles for hormonal purposes.

OKAY so i think that's it ! There might be more in the booklet i can talk about later.

Here is the booklet btw- 

https://www.mermaidsuk.org.uk/assets/media/17-15-02-A-Guide-For-Young-People.pdf