𝐭𝐰𝐨.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
II. bad ghost

 bad ghost

                    MISSOURI AND THE WINCHESTERS WALKED INTO a room with a powder blue color painted on the walls. The psychic breathed deeply as she took in her surroundings, memories washing in all at once.

"If there's a dark energy around here, this room should be the center of it."

Sam looked around before, asking, "why?"

"This used to be your nursery, Sam," Missouri answered. "This is where it all happened."

Sybil could sense Sam tense up at Missouri's statement. As an effort to comfort him, she did what her foster home caretaker did to her when she wept. Sybil put her small hand on Sam's cheek and moved her thumb in a circular motion against his skin. Sam looked at his little sister as she grinned widely, revealing a gap where her two front teeth should be. His heart warmed at Sybil as she ventured to comfort him, although she was utterly oblivious of what had transpired in this room.

Dean witnessed this interaction and smiled to himself. Maybe his dad was right. Perhaps she was essential and just what they needed to get through the ongoing case of their mother's death. Dean took another look around the room before bringing out the EMF, prompting Missouri to turn around.

"That an EMF?"

"Yeah," Dean returned, not glancing up.

"Amateur."

Dean gazed at the woman and exhaled sharply before returning his focus onto the EMF in his hands. Missouri placed her hands over different objects in the room, searching for any familiar sense that she had exhibited the last time she stepped foot in this house. As her hand remained hovered over the desk, the EMF in Dean's hand began to go crazy.

"I don't know if you boys should be disappointed or relieved, but this ain't the thing that took your mom," Missouri announced.

The two brothers looked at Missouri with disbelief.

"Are you sure," Sam urged.

Missouri nodded in response.

"How do you know," Sam continued to question.

"It isn't the same energy I felt the last time I was here," Missouri revealed. "It's something different."

"What is it," Dean interviewed.

"Not it," Missouri corrected as she opened the closet door and walking in, "them. There's more than one spirit in this place."

Dean tensed his jaw. "What are they doing here?"

"They're here because of what happened to your family," Missouri clarified, walking out of the closet. "You see, all those years ago, real evil came to you. It walked this house. That kind of evil leaves wounds, and sometimes wounds get infected."

Sam shook his head as Sybil clenched her grip on him. "I don't understand."

"This place is a magnet for paranormal energy," she affirmed, hastily turning over her shoulder. "It's attracted a poltergeist-- a nasty one. It won't rest until Jenny, and her babies are dead."

Sam and Dean were dismayed at how the voices Sybil heard resembled the energy that Missouri felt.

"You said there was more than one spirit," Sam recalled.

Missouri spun back to face Sam. "There is. I just can't quite make out the second one."

"Can you," Dean requested Sybil.

Sybil nodded. "The second one is nice. It's trying to talk over the bad one."

"What do you mean," Sam questioned.

"The bad ghost is trying to scare me by telling me how it would kill us," Sybil muttered. "The nice one is telling me not to listen to the bad ghost."

"Well, one thing's for damn sure," Dean declared, causing everyone to give him his attention, "nobody's dying in this house ever again. So whatever is here, how do we stop it?"

                    DIFFERENT INGREDIENTS WERE SCATTERED ON THE dining table. Dean was spattering each of those ingredients on felt and tying them into little baggies. As Dean tied another bag, he gave it to Sybil, who put it on top of the already made pile.

"So, what is all this stuff anyway," Dean sought as he started another bag.

"Angelica root, van van oil, crossroad dirt," Missouri listed, "a few other odds and ends."

"What are we suppose to do with it?"

Missouri described how they would put it in the walls on each floor of the house and how it should destroy all of the spirits and purify them.

"We each take one floor, but we work fast," Missouri instructed as Dean tasted one of the ingredients, immediately spitting it out in repugnance. Sybil giggled as she leaned closer to eat it herself, but Sam pulled her out of reach and held her in his arms. "Once the spirits realize what we're up to, things are gonna get worse."

                    IT WAS NOW DARK OUTSIDE, AND Missouri was ushering Jenny and her two kids out of the house, commanding them to watch a movie or keep busy until they were finished. Once it was just the four of them, they began their mission to put the bags inside the walls.

"Sybil, while I'm putting these bags into the wall, do not leave my side," Sam directed, "no matter what."

Sybil just nodded as Sam placed her down and began to make a hole into the drywall. She then overheard a click, inducing her to turn around. She could detect whispers, but there were so abundant that she couldn't quite make out what they were saying. Finally, a voice overpowered the others, instructing her to leave the room.

She followed the voice out the room, towards the hall, only for the door to be slammed shut behind her. She whirled around instantly and began to bellow and bang on the door.

"Sam!" Sybil cried, pounding her fist onto the wooden door.

"Sybil-"

Sybil heard a thud and followed by the sound of Sam grunting as if he were struggling to breathe. Not knowing what to do, she raced down the stairs to locate Dean. When she made it towards the kitchen, she saw a knife hovering outside of the knife holder, provoking her to scream, "Dean! Look out!"

Dean swung around and immediately dodged the knife that flew towards him. He hastily flipped over a table and dragged Sybil behind it with him. Blades flew into the wooden table, causing Sybil to shriek once more.

Dean, then, carried the little girl in his arms and rushed up the stairs, booting down the door that was once shut. Inside the room, Sam was lying down with a cord coiled around his neck multiple times, suffocating him.

"Sam," Dean called, setting Sybil down as he hurried over to his brother.

Sybil deliberately spun around and noticed a black misty figure behind her, slowly stepping towards it. She put her hand out and laid it on the mist, and murmured, "stop."

Right as Dean launched the bag into the wall, a bright light flared within the room. Dean turned around to find Sybil staring at the bright light and her arm stretched out. The light became more vivid and generated Sybil to shuttle towards Dean and Sam with the spirit flying in the opposite direction.

"Sybil!"