𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
VIII. the call

 the call

                    THE FOUR OF THEM FINALLY REACHED the exit to the south wing only to find it locked. Sam tried to get the door to budge, but all of his attempts seemed to fail. He exhaled sharply before turning towards the other three. "All right, I think we have a small problem."

"Let's break it down," Gavin suggested, panic starting to grow inside him.

"I don't think that's going to work," Sam admitted.

As Kat, Gavin, and Sam were arguing on the different ways they could escape the locked ward, Sybil placed a hand on the door and closed her eyes, attempting to sense the spirit's presence and possibly put it to rest. Her hands began to emit some white, misty light that Sam had seen once before. Kat and Gavin, who were unfamiliar with Sybil's abilities, were taken aback by the sudden source of light. Sam inched towards his little sister as her eyes remained shut, mainly to maintain focus.

"Billie, can you put them to sleep," Sam asked, crouching down to Sybil's height.

Sybil's eyebrows furrowed as if she were exerting an extreme amount of force. All eyes were on her, hoping that she could aid them in getting out of this haunted place.

"What is she doing," Kat questioned.

Sam looked up at the couple before standing up. "Sybil has these abilities, but Dean and I aren't sure of all the things she's able to do. So far, we know she can control fire and put spirits to rest."

"That's why you called her special," Gavin stated, finally connecting the two dots. "That's why you brought her here."

Before anyone else could respond, the white light became brighter, snatching their attention. Sybil opened her eyes, which were now the same color as the light from her hands. She turned to Sam as her nose began to bleed.

"You're going nowhere," she said, her voice distorted. "Not until I can make you better."

Sybil's blank expression turned to one of extreme pain, causing her to scream. Her light blinded them momentarily before she fell to her knees. Sam ran to her aid as soon as she hit the ground.

"Sybs, Sybs! Are you okay?"

Sybil wiped her bloody nose and nodded at Sam, reassuring him with one of her toothy smiles.

Sam chuckled as he pulled his sister into a hug. Sam's phone, then, began to ring, causing him to be the first one of the two to pull away. He looked at the caller ID to see that it was Dean calling him. "Hey," he answered.

Gavin and Kat stared at Sam as he picks Sybil up. "Where are you," he asked, a concerned expression washing over his features. "I'm on my way!" Sam hung up the phone before putting Sybil down. He faced the couple before asking, "can either of you handle a shotgun?"