𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
XI. without us

 without us

                    IT WAS NOW DARK OUTSIDE BY the time they were near halfway to their destination. Sybil was unable to sleep as she began to feel claustrophobic in the backseat of the car, so she stared out the window in hopes to comfort her into falling asleep. 

Sam began talking about the case that their father had sent them on as he drove down the road. Dean was looking through the file while holding the flashlight between his shoulder and neck. 

"All right, so the names Dad gave us – they're all couples," Sam asked, glancing at his brother before his gaze returned back to the road.

Dean nodded, scanning the papers. "Yeah. Three different couples all went missing."

"And they're all from different towns, different states?"

"Yeah," Dean confirmed. "Washington, New York, Colorado. Each couple took a road-trip cross country. None of them arrived at their destination; none of them were ever heard from again."

"Well, it's a big country, Dean. They could have disappeared anywhere," Sam stated.

"Yeah, they could have, but each one's route took them through the same part of Indiana. Always on the second of April, one year after another, after another."

Sam looked at his brother with furrowed brows. "This is the second week of April."

"Yep," Dean replied, popping the 'p' at the end. 

"So, Dad is sending us to Indiana to go hunting before another couple vanishes?"

Dean pointed at Sam, not looking up from the file. "Yahtzee."

Dean began glorifying their father and how amazing he was at piecing the patterns together. Sybil noticed Sam getting ticked off at how high and mighty Dean was treating their father. Before Sybil could speak up on the situation, Sam began to pull over to the side of the road swiftly, causing Sybil to lean forward at the sudden stop and let out a small 'oof.'

"What are you doing," Dean asked, finally looking up from the papers.

"We're not going to Indiana."

"We're not?"

Sam looked at his older brother. "No, we're going to California."

"Ooh, for a vacation," Sybil asked, excitement evident in her tone. 

The two brothers ignored the younger girl as they continued their conversation. Sam explained, "Dad called from a payphone– Sacramento area code."

"Sam," Dean interrupted.

"Dean, if this demon killed Mom and Jess, and Dad's closing in, we got to be there."