𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑
XXVIII. Who's asking?

 Who's asking?

                    A WEEK AFTER JOHN PASSED, THE Winchester siblings were nothing but stiff and agitated towards each other. As Sam ventured to find leads on the demon, Dean remained buried under the impala, working to fix its damages. Sybil, on the other hand, continued to be silent, refusing to speak to anyone following the burning of her father's body.

Throughout their stay at Bobby's, Sybil received lessons on mastering her abilities. Bobby taught the youngest Winchester different spells and how to execute them without having to say anything out loud. To Sybil's dismay, her injuries set back her abilities, causing her to work harder to get where she left off.

Sybil arose to the aroma of eggs and bacon, rubbing her eyes as they adjusted to the light that spilled into her room. She piercingly exhaled while getting out of bed. Trudging down the stairs and into the kitchen, she immediately caught Bobby's attention.

"Good Morning, Kiddo."

Sybil smiled in return as she took a seat. She set her elbow on the table, resting her face on the palm of her hand. Bobby sighed at the silence.

"I'm guessing you're still not speaking, huh?"

Sybil shrugged as a plate of eggs were placed in front of her. Clutching her fork, Bobby spoke once more.

"You know, you're worrying brothers by not speaking, and I haven't heard your voice once since I first met you."

Bobby's comment prompted Sybil to crack a smile. As she proceeded to feast on her eggs, she glanced up once more and saw Bobby's pleading eyes.

"We already have enough to worry about, kid," Bobby said. "Why don't you ease the load a little?"

Sybil set her fork down and endured eye contact with Bobby before giving in. "Fine."

Bobby's eyebrows perked up in astonishment, not expecting to hear the young girl's voice so soon.

"There she is! Now, why don't you go fetch your brothers and tell 'em breakfast is ready."

After sneaking another bite of her breakfast, Sybil hopped off her chair and left to go retrieve her brothers. Once she reached the two, she overheard their conversation on finding a woman named Ellen.

"Ask Bobby if we can use one of his cars," Sybil heard Dean say.

The young girl took a step forward, inducing her brothers to turn over their shoulders. Their eyes widened at the sight of Sybil's sudden appearance. Throughout the week, she had been actively avoiding them and isolating herself with nothing but her spells and, on occasion, Bobby.