Chapter Fifteen

"H-hey, Shiro," Keith croaked into his phone. Lance held the omega on his lap, arms encircling his waist and his chin resting on Keith's uninjured shoulder. 

"Oh, my God. Keith? Are you okay?" Shiro's frantic voice came through the other end of the phone.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay," Keith answered, sighing softly. "I'm at Lance's house. I can tell you the address if you want to come over. My bike and stuff are still at Dad's."

"W-what? Why are you at Lance's?"

"Dad got really bad last night. And I dunno. I just ran," Keith shrugged, even though he knew Shiro couldn't see him. "I ended up at Lance's house."

"I'm getting Adam to come to pick you up, okay?" 

"M'kay. By any chance could you get my bike at some point? I don't have a car and I can't get to school any other way."

"Yeah. I'll do that after work. But seriously, are you okay?" Shiro asked, his voice shaky and an octave higher than it usually was.

"Yes. Lance's sister is in school to be a nurse," Keith explained, closing his eyes. "She patched me up. I hurt, but that's par for the course." He chuckled dryly.

"Adam can bring you some food, too. Do you want anything?" Keith's fretful older brother asked, wanting to make sure his brother was truly okay. 

"McDonald's... Can I have whatever I want?" Keith inquired, slightly drowsy from the pain and the meds. 

"Of course, Keith. I don't care if you order their entire menu. I just want you to be okay," Shiro sighed, his voice wavering. Keith didn't have a doubt in his mind that Shiro was crying.

"Okay. Could I have a Big Mac, two large fries, a twenty piece McNugget, a large Coke, a large strawberry milkshake, and an M&M McFlurry?" Keith's stomach growled at the mention of food, making Lance chuckle softly.

Shiro laughed quietly, glad his brother still had his monstrous appetite. "Sure. Don't worry about the cost. I got you covered."

"No. I'll pay for half. I know being a bouncer doesn't have the best pay..."

"Keith. I have it covered. I promise," Shiro reassured. Keith could hear the grin in Shiro's voice.

"Okay..." He replied, skepticism in his voice. 

"I need to get back to work. Adam will be there in about an hour," Shiro said. "I love you."

"Mmm. Love you, too," Keith answered before hanging up. He scowled down at his phone. "I'm paying you back, you generous motherfucker." 

Lance began to laugh, throwing his head back. Keith couldn't help but giggle himself. It hurt to laugh because of his bruised ribs so he couldn't laugh along with his boyfriend. "You are the best. 'You generous motherfucker'?" Lance cackled, vibrating with amusement. "That is the best non-insult insult I've ever heard!"

"I try," Keith chuckled, leaning up slowly to press a gentle kiss on the side of Lance's lips. He still didn't know why Lance had chosen to date him of all people. Lance could have anyone he wanted. Athletic, strong, kind, charismatic, flirty, talkative, mildly annoying Lance had picked Keith to be his boyfriend. Broken, scarred, depressed, anxious, worried, terrified Keith. "Why did you pick me to be your boyfriend? You could have anyone you want."

Keith's question cut off Lance's fit of laughs abruptly. His high eyebrows knitted together as his blue eyes darkened. "What do you mean?"

"I'm... Well, I'm broken... Y-you saw me last night..." Keith looked away from the Cuban alpha, feeling tears prick his eyes. "You know what my Dad does... Why would you pick someone like me? Someone prettier like Nyma o-or someone stronger like James..."