• C h a p t e r F i v e •

~ One week later ~

Adrien rushed through the airport, relieved almost to the point he was giddy to be back home at last. His father and Nathalie kept yelling for him to stay in sight, so he'd pause every now and then to impatiently wait for them. He'd texted Nino non-stop the entire seven days, and couldn't wait to see him and all of his friends again at last.

Most importantly, he couldn't wait to see Ladybug again. She'd been the one he'd missed seeing the most, and he hoped she hadn't had too much akuma trouble while he was gone.

Finally, the trio made it to the outside of the swarming port, where the Gorilla was waiting for them with the family's silver car. Gabriel took the passenger's seat, while Nathalie sat with Adrien in the back.

As they drove through the beautiful city, however, Adrien couldn't help but sense something was off. The streets weren't nearly as crowded as they usually were . . . and he saw a lot of people doing weird things. Officer Roger wasn't paying any attention to the every action of the few surrounding civilians, but it took him a moment to realize there were no criminal actions to watch in the first place. He also spotted Nadja Chamack, the reporter lady, walking in silence across a crosswalk, and no one was even looking at her, although she was a very well-known woman.

Something was definitely off . . .

As soon as they pulled into the driveway, Adrien slipped out of the car and raced into the mansion, up the stairs, and into his room. Sliding into his desk chair, Plagg zooming up beside him, he turned on his computer and pulled up the LadyBlog. It'd been updated once, and he clicked anxiously on the new article. His eyes slowly widened with alarm as he read the words.

"Alya here, for the most terrifying update yet. We don't know what goes on in the normal life of our beloved superheroes, but the results are horrifying. We find ourselves being attacked by our very own Ladybug, who now calls herself Miss Fortune. Her power has not been determined, but it's changing the order of life. Chat Noir has been missing for five days now, and therefore is not helping to save us all. We don't know what to do, and I'm afraid I have no hope to offer."

"Ladybug?!" he gasped aloud, and Plagg's eyes grew wide. "It can't be! What happened to her?!"

"We'll have to find out," his kwami replied grimly. For once, not a single complaint came out of his mouth. "Quick, we need to transform!"

Without wasting a heartbeat, Adrien thrust his right arm forward and shouted, "Plagg, claws out!" Bolts and neon green-golden lightning flashed around him, transforming him within a second. Immediately, he turned to the window and propelled himself outside to find and save his Lady.