Chapter 1

"CLEAN UP THIS MESS!"

My step-father yelled at me as I cleaned up the living room. I was tired, and dirty, but I couldn't stop now. If I did, there would be a huge punishment. He threw another can on the floor and I quickly picked it up before he got angry again. He wobbled over to the couch in his drunken form before sitting down and instantly falling asleep. I cleaned up the rest of the mess he made before I went to my room, well basement. I went down where there was a mattress on the floor and a lamp. I sighed lightly before laying on my so-called bed and closing my eyes.

Now you all may be wondering who I am. My name Is (Y/f/n), and that drunk up there, is my step-father. Right now, my step-mother is out getting groceries while I stay and clean up after him. 10 years ago, my mother and father died trying to protect me. I was all on my own until I bumped into these freaks. Yeah, the step-mother is evil too. When I came into their lives, all they did was make me clean up after them for shelter. I should have just stayed on my own.

I suddenly heard the mailbox being opened, and then closed. 'Funny? We never get any mail' I thought while getting up off of my bed and heading upstairs. I went to the front door and opened it, then closed it behind me. I was in a long gown that almost reached the floor. Then I went to the mailbox and opened it, finding a letter inside. I took it out a little bit more and saw a huge A on it. I was hesitant on opening this. What if they found out they had mail? What if they found out I opened it? But, my curiosity got the best of me and I slowly tore it open, finding a note inside.

I flipped up the note to read it.

Dear Citizen of Arendale,

There will be a Grand Ball held at the castle of Arendale for females only. The king will be looking for a queen to rule by his side. So please dress your best and be there at sundown.

Sincerely,

The King's Aid

I Gasped as I was in pure shock. I was invited to a ball? Today? At sundown? What am I going to wear? Then I thought about my step-parents. Will they let me go? I went back inside the house and quickly hurried back inside the basement. I don't care what they are going to say to me. I'm going to that ball. But I'm going to need something fancy. I quickly went to my step-mom's room and looked for a gown. I know she has super pretty ones since she used to have a lot of money back then. I went and looked around until I came across a beautiful (D/l=Dress length) gown.

It was a (F/c) dress, one of my favorite colors. It also came with (f/c) slippers that were just my size. I quickly took both and ran in the basement and got dressed. I then thought about makeup. I went back upstairs and into the room again and grabbed makeup. I was about to leave until I saw my step-dad coming down the hallway. He was still drunk so he was really wobbly. I quickly looked for a place to hide, and went inside the closet. He came inside and looked around before he fell on the floor and went to sleep.

I quickly got out of the closet and tip-toed to the basement quietly and carefully. I went to my mirror and started to add (F/c)makeup and then slipped on the shoes. I went upstairs to the door and opened it, revealing the cool Summer air. I then ran to the back of the house and found no horse. ' I forgot my step-mother has it!! How am I supposed to get there now?' I thought while looking around. Then as if my question was answered, a man in a carriage came. He had short hair and the top of his head was bald. He also had a hat on with a puffy mustache and he was riding an old carriage.It was old but worth it. I ran to him and he stopped and looked at me.

"Can you please give me a ride to Arendale?" I asked him while hoping for a good answer.

"Sure! But its gonna cost ya," He said looking at me. I quickly ran back inside the house and grabbed a sack of coins that I've been saving for the past years. I quickly ran back outside and gave him half of it. He studied it for a moment before nodding and letting me inside. I quickly climbed in and we were on our way.

"How long will this take?" I asked with curiosity in my voice.

"About an hour or so," He said looking at me.

"I've never been there before, this feels so unreal," I said to him. He looked back at me in pure shock and then looked back ahead.

"Everyone's been to the kingdom of Arendale before. Its known around here," He said while guiding his horses.

'Arendale here I come' I thought while looking out the window at my so-called home.