Chapter 13

This chapter will be kind of emotional, just a heads up ;w;

The rest of the day went by pretty well. Elias and I trained more with each other after my parents left. Soon we had to go back inside, since dinner was ready. Everyone was talking, laughing, like the usual, until it was time for bed. Once I got to the room, I changed into a (F/c) nightgown, before plopping into bed and quickly falling into a deep slumber.

I woke up in the woods, trees surrounding me along with more of mother nature. I stood up from my spot, and took in everything around me. The sun peeking its way through the leaves above my head, the animals climbing up trees and getting back to their families. It was peaceful. I liked it. I was suddenly knocked out of my daze when I heard...laughing? It sounded like a child's laughter echoing around the woods. I began to move and try to find the source, until I stumbled upon a small house. It seemed cozy, full of life, everything you could think of.

"Faster papa!" I turned around to see a little (H/c) haired girl on top of a man's shoulders, as they ran in the direction of the home. The man had (H/c) hair along with a beard. A woman suddenly came from the woods, trailing right behind them, a smile lingering on her face. She had (H/c) hair and beautiful red eyes. She also had on a light blue dress that reached near her ankles, the upper part of her hair in a ponytail while the rest was down. She looked like a goddess. She looked like...that woman I saw in my dream with the white dress. She then turned my way, her smile faltering. After a moment, I was confused. Could she see me? This is a dream, right? I then realized she was looking behind me. Slowly, I turned around only to see men with bow and arrows aiming directly at me.

"Fire!" One shouted, and soon it began to rain arrows. Quickly, I tried to create a fire barrier to protect me, but my powers wouldn't work. Like I didn't even have them! Suddenly, an arrow came my way, and I braced myself for the impact, but, nothing happened. It was then I realized that the arrow went through me, like I was some type of ghost. I then heard a soft thud from behind me, along with groaning. I turned around and saw the woman laying on the ground an arrow in her side. Her hair wasn't (H/c), it was now red, just like how mine did when I was training. The man suddenly ran out of the house as he sat next to her, grabbing her upper body and holding her close. Tears streamed down his eyes as he stared down at her.

"I'm so sorry." He kept repeating those words until they were mumbled to the point I didn't know what he was saying. The little girl ran outside as she sat next to her mother, her eyes becoming glossy. She grabbed her mother's hand, until her father stopped her. I quickly ran over, my (F/c) nightgown flowing as I sat down, looking at her now red eyes.

"Run my child, and never look back," She said as she smiled weakly at the small girl. The small child stood up and ran, giving her mother and father one last glance before running into the woods. The men were walking over, their weapons pointed at both of them.

"Any last words, witch?" One asked, smirking as he aimed, along with the others. When he said that, something inside me boiled. Was it anger? Was it sadness? My (E/c) eyes turned red, along with my hair. The mother and father hugged each other, and for some reason, I wanted- I needed to hug them, as if it were the last time I'd give them one. I wrapped my arms around them and closed my eyes.

The arrows were released.

I woke and quickly sat up, drenched in sweat once again. I took in my surroundings, realizing I was in the same room. I sighed, falling back onto the bed and looking towards the window, noticing the sun was beginning to rise over the mountains in the distance. I sat up and removed the covers from my sweaty figure, before making my way in the bathroom. After thirty minutes, I walked out and into the closet. Once I was inside, I noticed the top shelves were covered in clothes, causing my eyes to widen. No dress today! I looked through the section of clothes before randomly grabbing a pair off the shelf.