Chapter 12

'My love for you is a journey; Starting at forever and ending at never.'

The sounds of birds chirping on the other side of the window woke me from my sleep. Slowly and lazily, I sat up and yawned, my (H/c) hair slightly sticking up. I looked towards the window, the sun slowly making its way towards the curtains. I removed the covers from my body and hopped out of bed before making my way towards the bathroom. After doing my business, I walked out and into the closet. I wasn't in the mood for a dress, I wanted something more...Comfortable. My (E/c) eyes stumbled upon neatly folded clothes on the top shelf, which I couldn't reach. I sighed and walked out, grabbing a chair that was in the corner of the room before making my way back inside. I placed the chair down and stepped onto it, successfully grabbing the clothes off the shelf.

I stepped back down and walked back to the room, unfolding the clothes and neatly setting them on the bed. Once I unfolded them, I took a step back to examine the outfit I've never noticed on the shelf. It was a long black sleeve shirt with black leggings that came with it. I noticed that a black hood came with the outfit as well, along with short brown boots. I didn't think that I needed the hood, so I decided to not just wear it. The outfit seemed nice. Not too small, not too big. Not too tight and not too loose. I made my way back to the bathroom, taking a nice bath before throwing the clothes on. Like I said, they fit like a glove.

I grabbed the black cloak off the bed before neatly folding it and returning it back to its spot on the shelf. I sighed before walking out of the closet and shutting the doors behind me before making my way to the door that lead out of the room. Once my hand was on the knob, I stopped myself. Something unsettling was forming in the pit of my stomach. It felt as if it was something to not ignore, but I decided to ignore it anyway and continued with my day. I stopped having my dreams not too long ago, and it felt nice to not have to wake up in the middle of the night with beads of sweat on your forehead. Once I was in the hallway, I made my way to the dining area, taking left and right turns. I was almost there, about to take a right turn until I heard talking. I quickly stopped myself and peeked around the corner, but once I did, I surely wish I didn't. Those laughs were all too familiar and fake, those smiles that held pure evil behind them, those eyes that held a black hole full of rage.

'Run.' That's all I needed to hear before I bolted off back towards the room, taking left and right turns, dodging the maids that walked down the halls that held questionable looks along with the guards. I quickly made it back to the room, shutting the door and locking it behind me. How were they here!? WHY were they here!? I paced back and forth around the room, my heart pounding in my ears and chest. Before I knew what I was doing, I walked back inside the closet, standing on the same chair and grabbing the same cloak from earlier. I clipped the silver hook that connected the top part of the cloak together before walking back out of the room. I kept the hood off so the guards wouldn't be too suspicious of a person walking down the hallway with a hood covering their head. I peeked out of the room before walking at a quick speed down the hallways. Instead of taking the usual route to the gates, which was pass the dining hall, I took a different way.

Once I made it there, I saw the same usual guards talking amongst each other. The happy one, and the more stubborn one. I still didn't know their names yet, but now wasn't the time to think about that. I quickly walked over towards the gates before they both covered it with their spears. They've never done that before. I gave the more cheerful one a questionable look before he coughed and cleared his throat.

"Sorry Ms. (Y/n), but we can't let you go out training. Your supposed to be leaving back home today, so the king told us to not let you outside and that you must stay inside." My heart instantly dropped. I couldn't go back! Not after what they've done!