➰Chapter Thirty-Seven➰

Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Leah. I... I didn't know you'd come." Magnus said awkwardly, right after he opened the door to his apartment.

"Yeah, sorry I came without calling first. I know that you and Alec were going on a date, but I kind of need some herb my mom gave you. It's to help Isabelle's wound. Do you mind if I...?"

Magnus widened his eyes, but nodded. "Uh... Sure. Please, come in."

Leah entered casually, unsure as to why he was acting so weird. There was loud music playing from the stereo, so she assumed it might have just been the fact that she interrupted date night. She made a mental reminder not to do it again. She rumaged through the drawers in the living room, but found nothing.

"Leah, if it isn't that urgent, I could take it to the Institute later." Alec offered nicely, which immediately made her suspicious.

"No, thanks. I already interrupted your date night." Leah said, as she tried to figure where her mother might have put the herb. She then recalled an old desk where Dot used to hide some treats from her whenever she visited Magnus as a little girl, and she recalled it being in Magnus's guest room. "Wait. I think I know where it is."

She started making her way there, but Magnus immediately shut the door before she could reach the knob. She frowned. "Magnus, what is going on?"

"Trust me, you don't want to go in there."

"I've known you since I was a baby. Don't worry, I won't judge you for your hoarding tendencies."

Magnus gave her an offended look. "I'm not a hoarder, excuse you."

"Come on, let me just get this out so that you and Alec can go—" she stopped talking as soon as she heard giggles from the other side. She raised an eyebrow. "What the Hell?"

"Those are... My new pet parrots. They love to make a racket." Magnus said. "Really, Leah, I can teleport the herb..."

Leah simply shoved Magnus aside and opened the door. Her eyes widened in horror as she saw Jace lying naked on the bed, except he wasn't alone. There was a girl, with pointed ears and streaks colorful blue hair comfortably on lying top of him. "Oh. My. God."

Jace's giggles stopped once they noticed her there. "Leah."

"Who is this?" The girl asked with a raised eyebrow. She didn't seem to mind that they'd been caught in a compromising position.

"Sorry. I... Didn't know you'd be here," Leah said, glaring momentarily at an apologetic Alec and Magnus. She then met Jace's eyes, unable to hide how hurt she was feeling. "I'll just go."

She turned around and started walking away, ignoring Jace's calling for her.

➰➰➰

"Come on, why won't you tell me what's going on?" Clary asked once again, as Leah and her fenced in the training room.

Leah grunted, blocking every single one of her attacks. "I don't want to."

"You know, you really need to more this talking thing."

Leah snorted, twirling and in one quick motion, sweeping Clary off balance and making her fall on the floor. "And you need to do less of it."

"Sorry to interrupt, but we've got an emergency." Alec spoke, as both sisters followed him into the Ops Center, where Isabelle was already waiting for them, with a concerned look on her face.

"The Citadel was breached. Sister Magdalena was found dead, and Sister Cleophas is missing." Isabelle summarized for them.

"Sounds like the work of Valentine." Clary said, to which they all agreed.