Chapter 3

Tony's POV

I left the room and headed towards my lab. I have been spending most of my days here, I don't regret it because this is my favourite place in the entire building but these days I feel suffocated here.

I saw him after weeks today and I won't lie, I missed him very much. His eyes, his soothing expressions, his smile and everything about him. I thought he missed me too but I was a fool to think so. Why would he ever miss me? I have no importance in his life. I was so stupid to think that he too needed me, Steve would need me. I genuinely forgot that for Steve Rogers only one person exists and that is Bucky Barnes.

I tried my best to work on something, to divert my mind and take Steve out of my head but whatever I did he came back to my head and I felt as if he was playing games with my head.

'Jarvis, why do you think Steve brought Bucky here?' I asked.

'Sir maybe because Mr.Barnes is our Captain's best friend. But I can't be sure sir.' replied Jarvis.

We literally just fought and ofcourse it is nothing new but I thought that maybe this time he will come here and atleast say something. I don't know what I expect him to say but I really want him here. Doesn't he have anything to say? Or is he just too busy and happy to have his dear friend back.

'Jarvis, where is Steve right now?' I asked.

'In the corridor near the right turn towards the lab, Sir.' he replied.

'What is he doing there? Is he coming here?' I asked.

'I don't think so, Sir. He is talking to Mr.Barnes.' he replied.

Bucky! Obviously! Who was I fooling? Why would Steve even care about me.

I was too angry to hold myself back so I decided to confront him and without thinking twice I walked towards the corridor.

When I reached the corridor, the sight shocked me or rather hurt me bad, really really bad. Was Steve? No wait! If not then why was he standing so close to Barnes? I couldn't take it anymore and I stormed off back to my lab even though I could hear Steve calling out my name.

Steve's POV

I was walking towards the lab when suddenly someone stopped me.

'Where do you think you're going?' he asked.

'I am going to check if Tony is fine. I have hurt him a lot of times and I guess this time the scar is too deep to be mended.' I said.

'Steve, you know what he needs right now, don't you?' Bucky spoke up.

'I really don't know what you're talking about Buck.' I lied.

'Don't try lying to me Steve. I very well know what's happening here. I may not know everyone quite well here but I definitely know how to differentiate between different emotions.' he replied.

'Buck, I got my friend back after so many days, I really don't want you to involve yourself in these small stuffs.'I said.

'Steve Rogers this is not small stuff. I have seen what emotions your eyes were expressing when you caught his sight. Your eyes were glowing and you had that stupid smile plastered on your face. I didn't see you smile so genuinely in the back few weeks. To be honest with you Steve, I was really happy to see where your happiness lies and what Tony's presence can do to you. But I really want to know the truth from you buddy. What is it? Buck asked.

'I don't know Buck, I seriously don't know but all I understand is that if he is not around me I don't feel right. He holds this weird power of handling me and understanding me. His eyes show me sparks and colours which I have never seen before. His eyes, that one sight of his brown eyes make my whole strong body and mind turn fragile. I feel his eyes are telling me to hold him, take care of him, protect him and be with him. He says that he has no emotions in him but whenever I look at him I feel that my world is only within his eyes and not anywhere else. If he is standing infront of me or with me I know that I will make it to the end of the line somehow. I still remember the day weeks before when I saw him almost not breathing I could sense my own breath and I knew that I too may just forget to breath if he does not wake up. I still don't know what is this Buck but I know one thing for sure that Steve Rogers is Nothing without Tony Stark and Captain America is nothing without Iron Man.' I said looking down.

'Steve...your eyes are literally filled with water.This man holds the key to your heart, doesn't he?' Buck asked.

'Maybe Buck, but I know that if I lose him, if I lose Tony I will lose myself with him.' I replied sadly.

'Steve, you love him, don't you?' He asked smiling.

'I don't know Buck, I don't know.' I replied sadly.

Bucky gave me an assuring hug which lasted only for few seconds because that's when Tony entered and saw us standing together and I don't know what but I felt that he was on the verge of crying and was hurt and I feel I did something wrong again. I called out to him, I called his name but he was rushing back to his lab.

I ran behind him and this time I made sure no one would stop me. This time it will be only Steve talking to Tony. I have to make him understand.