Chapter 22

Tony's POV:

12 hours!!!

It has been 12 hours!! 12 hours since I fought with Steve, 12 hours since I told him to leave, 12 hours since I pushed him away, 12 hours since Steve left, 12 hours since he didn't look back at me once before leaving, 12 hours since I feel stupid, 12 hours since I feel I overreacted, 12 hours since I feel numb and 12 hours since I feel incomplete.

I know you might just look at me and say that ' C'mon man! You are Tony Stark! You are Iron Man! For God sake, don't cry for a man! You are not someone that weak!'

But you know sometimes when life wants to hit you, it hits you like a truck and yes! I don't believe in 'When life gives you lemon make lemonade out of it' shit because life doesn't give a shit about giving you lemons!!

You may even say that 'What is it if Steve left? You still have your members with you! Your family! Your son, Peter! You can live without Steve!'

But you know sometimes when you have lived a life giving something too much of importance and when that something actually comes and shows you the importance and the attention you deserve then when that something suddenly leaves you, it freaking hurts a lot.

You will say that 'C'mon Tony! It's just a break up, you will eventually move on, don't worry!'

But even you know it that whatever happens I can never move on from Steve! It was different with him! I never had bowed down in front of anyone other than him and why did I do that? Because I freaking fell for him and I freaking fell hard!

When you fall in love this hard it becomes extremely difficult for you to get up and get running on your normal life because right now as I am facing it, I can't even get up!!

I wish, I could just turn back time somehow and tell him that it's fine he can go and tell him that he did hurt me but he needs to come back to me. I wish I could tell him that I can't live without him even if that sounds extremely cheesy, it's true! I want to tell him that 'Steve! Maybe knowingly or unknowingly, you became a huge part of my world.'

You know I feel this is exactly what is love! It sometimes demands to make you feel hurt because if you don't know what pain feels like, you can never know what love feels like.

I could no more feel the tears rolling down my eyes because maybe I have cried too much and my tears have decided to leave me as well. I was just staring blankly at the wall in front of in my room! I couldn't stay at the lab after that incident because it reminded me more of how he left me there.

Yes! The others were confused and shocked as well and they wanted to know what went wrong but all I could do was cry and leave the room almost pushing them away from the way.

I was trying my best to feel my surrounding and I was trying my best to make a conversation with someone but you know? I guess I have no more energy left in me.

I could hear a faint knock on my door but I guess I was too out of energy to even say a 'come in' from my mouth. The person may have thought that I am sleeping and took the cue to come in.

I saw Peter slowly seeing from the door and as he saw me sitting on the floor near my bed he rushed towards me with worry written all over his face!

'Tony? Tony tell me what's wrong? Tony! Please talk to me?' said Peter worried.

I could hear him but I could not make a faint sound come out of my mouth.

'Tony? What happened back there? Is it Steve? What did he do? Tell me? He left even and he is not back yet that I will ask him' said Peter.

I mentally scoffed because who would tell Peter that Steve wouldn't come back anymore.

'Tony? Can you hear me? Talk to me! You are scaring me Tony!' Peter continued.

As I said! I could hear him but I couldn't make a sound or form a word!

'DAD!' DAD TALK TO ME' Peter yelled hugging me tight!

I guess that was the breaking point of my numbness because as he hugged me tight I broke! I broke really bad and I couldn't stop crying and I hugged Peter back really tight.

'I miss him Pete! I miss him so much!! Please bring him back! Please tell him that I love him so much!! Please tell him that I overreacted!! Please tell him that I cannot live without him! Please tell him I will do anything, please tell him to come back to me, Please' I said while my tears wouldn't stop.

'Dad...heyyyy...look at me...look at me...I am here for you....Dad.....He will come back...he loves you too...he cannot live without you as well...Dad please don't cry.' Peter said softly.

I could understand that Pete was crying and I felt terrible because of that but I cannot comfort him because my own emotions are betraying me right now.

I slowly looked at him and wiped his tears. He looked extremely sad because of me and I know it.

'Pete...please don't cry...but...I told Steve to go and I even told him that if he leaves, he has to leave everything we had behind and...he... didn't...ev..even...st..stop...he...le...left..me....' I couldn't form a perfect sentence as I hiccupped in between my sobs.

'Dad, I promise you he will come back, I know he will come back.' Peter said more to himself maybe.

'It....wa...was....a..all...m..my..fa...fault..I...sh.. shouldn't...ha..have...ov..over..re..reacted.' I said still crying.

'No Dad! It isn't your fault! You told him to leave because you were hurt somehow! Please stop blaming yourself! He will come back! I know he will, he has to!' Peter said standing up.

Peter's POV:

I have never seen him this broken before. Yes maybe when he thought that I died, he reacted this way but I wasn't there to witness it but right now when I am witnessing him crying like this in front of me, it breaks my heart as well.

I still don't know exactly what happened but I know one thing for sure that Dad was hurt enough to ask Steve to leave.

I have to find out what happened and I have to know why Steve suddenly left. I am sure Nat would know about it.

I have to make sure that Steve comes back but I don't know where did he leave and why. Was it more important to him than Dad?

I have to think this through but before that I have to feed Dad because he hasn't eaten anything since 12 hours maybe. He looks so broken that I can't even look at him now. He looks so hurt.

Everything feels so dull and gloomy! Everything feels life less! Everything feels so incomplete.

I have to make this right! I have to!

Lol, look who decided to update! Sorry, don't hate me! I haven't been that well which lead to the delay, I hope you guys understand!!

Anyway!!!!! I am thinking of ending the story soon maybe 5-6 chapters more!!! 😌😌

Alright! I will be back soon!! I promise!!❤️

Till then.....Keep loving STONYYYYYYYYYYYY!!❤️❤️❤️❤️