Chapter 8

Stark Tower
Next Morning:

Tony's POV

Mornings here at the Stark tower is really not like the ones which usually happens at normal and simple families.

Really? How can it be simple and normal when this place is filled with superheroes!

I really didn't sleep the entire night like always and specially what happened yesterday but yeah I think I fell off to sleep for 1 hour and hence this disturbing headache. I tried to go back to sleep when I heard a big bang from upstairs, like I said in the beginning, we have quite normal mornings here.

I literally didn't rush upstairs because I knew it would be something very simple and yes just as I reached upstairs I literally watched 'The God of Thunder' fighting with 'Hulk' over a tart.
I casually passed them mouthing a 'Morning' to Nat and Clint and went straight to the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee.

I grabbed the mug and came to the couch where Nat was sitting.

'Why isn't anyone having their breakfast? Am I really that late? I asked.

'No one made breakfast and there was only one tart and hence 'That stupid fight' was going on' Nat replied.

'Why didn't someone make breakfast?' I asked.

'Steve isn't up yet!' Nat said.

'Oh!' I said.

Steve wasn't up? I mean seriously? He is the one who is up even before the sun rises. He goes for a run, he goes to workout, makes coffee for himself and most importantly whatever he does he never forgets to prepare breakfast for us. This was really weird. I know whatever happened between us yesterday, shouldn't have happened but did it affect him so much? But he is sensible and not an idiot like me. He always has his mind on the right track. Well, is he doing this so he can avoid me?

As I was really deep into my thoughts I saw Barnes walking towards us.

'Good morning, what do we have for breakfast? and where is Steve?' he asked.

'Well we have no idea about breakfast or about the chef' Clint laughed.

'My, Why is Cap so late today? He is usually up quite early' Thor said.

Just as these conversations were going on we heard a sound in the kitchen and we understood that finally Steve was up.

He was holding a mug and came to the couch area.

Oh My! His face! His eyes! It looks like he didn't sleep the entire night. His eyes were a bit swollen, his shoulders quite not broad as always. Was he crying? Was he still upset? Did I do this to him? There was a sudden knot in my stomach, it caused me pain, so much pain to watch him like that. I thought of asking him or talking to him when he finally spoke up!

'Morning guys! I am really sorry about not making breakfast today, I just overslept a bit but yes I asked Jarvis to help you guys with breakfast' he said and was going to leave when Nat stopped him.

'Did you say that you overslept?' She questioned.

'Yeah and I am so sorry about breakfast' Steve replied.

'Steve! What's the matter with you? Your face and eyes are completely contradicting to what you are saying and moreover we are your family, you can talk to us about anything.' Nat said.

I saw him looking at me once and then back at Natasha and then he finally spoke up.

'I am just worried about Peter and nothing else and I will be fine.' He replied.