His Weakness

You could feel the heat from the campfire on your back. It was almost getting too warm, considering you were laying between the fire and Sandor; he would probably provide enough heat as is. You were laying on your side, using your arm as a pillow, trying to fall asleep before the sun would rise. You had a long day ahead of you traveling through Westeros. Sandor would always be the first one to fall asleep, leaving you listening to his deep, soothing breathing that turned into a light snore as he fell asleep. You were about to doze off as his light snore stopped. Soon after you could hear and feel him twitch slightly. You opened your eyes to look at him; he was probably just dreaming. You turned your back to him in hopes of actually falling asleep, and you did.

After what felt like an hour, but what was probably just a few minutes, you were awoken by a strange sound. Sandor was rumbling and you could feel him moving behind you.

You propped yourself up to see what was going on; he was sweating and frowning. As his groans got louder, almost erupting into shouts, you got up on you knees and shook his shoulder.

"Sandor," you said, trying to wake him, without success.

His panting got worse and his head was being thrown from side to side like he was panicked. You put your hands on his face, keeping his head still.

"Hey!" you shouted this time. His eyes shot up and quickly sat up, still panting. "Hey, you alright?" you said quietly. He was looking around completely panicked.

"He's here," Sandor blurted out, clearly not oriented.

"No one's here, it was just a dream," you tried to calm him. He still looked panicked, pearls of sweat on his face. You put your hand up to wipe away his sweat. "You're alright," you said, laying your hand on his cheek. Sandor looked at you and took a deep breath, calming his breath.

"That cunt even manages to fuck up my dreams," he said. You assumed it was about his brother. You didn't know what to say, all you could do was to try and calm him. You could tell he was traumatized by what his brother had done to him. His whole life he had been oppressed by him.

"Fuck the cunt," you said, "he can't do you anything; hiding behind his queens arse." You could see a slight smile creep onto his face, which made you grin.

Wanting to comfort him, you planted a kiss on Sandors forehead. He wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him, resting his head on your shoulder. You wrapped your arms around his neck in hopes of soothing him by rubbing his back. His breath tickled your skin, which made you shiver.

"He was here. He had followed us; my damned brother," Sandor said, lifting his head to look at you. "I just knew he was here to kill. He had this huge fucking sword. He attacked you, and suddenly you were on fire. You let out a blood-curdling scream," he paused and sighed. "And then suddenly the whole fucking forest was on fire. He was just standing there, the only damn thing that wasn't on fire. You were laying on the ground. Your hands were covering your face. Your hair and clothes were all black, and your skin... your skin was melted, creating a puddle on the ground around you," he said. You could tell by his voice that he had been appalled by his nightmare, and naturally his brother. You didn't know what to say, you just continued stroking his back.

"Your brother doesn't sound very... nice," you said. Sandor chuckled.

"It wasn't my cunt brother that was the problem. It was the fact that he came for you," he said. His eyes were fixed on the ground. You put your hand on his cheek, making him look at you.

Sandor wasn't afraid his brother would kill him, he was afraid he would harm you. It would be worse for Sandor to lose you, than losing his own life. You were his only weakness.

"I won't let anyone take you away from me," he said quietly.

"I know," you said and smiled at him. Following your only instinct, you crashed your lips to his. He tightened his grip around you.

You fell asleep on his chest, his arm pinning you to him.