A Fathers Love

You were sitting in a chair by the fire with your four moons old daughter in your arms. She was sleeping peacefully, breathing heavily, almost snoring. You hadn't been able to look away from your perfect child for what seemed like hours; her short, brown hair was messy, her small mouth twitching every now and then. You were so immersed in her that you didn't even notice Sandor leaning on the back of your chair, hovering over the two of you. He kissed the top of your head, breaking your trance.
"She looks like you," he said.
"She has your mouth," you said, admiring your creation.
"Let's hope she gets the rest of her features from you," he said. You chuckled, looking up at him.
You felt your daughter move in your arms, you looked back down at her. Her big, brown eyes were open, they almost looked black in the dim lighting. She was waving her little arms in the air, looking up at you. You got up and stood in front of Sandor, handing him your daughter. Her eyes widened as she looked up at him and smiled. She reached her little hands out to touch his scruffy beard, her breathing getting rapid with excitement. Sandor smiled and rocked his daughter in his large arms.
"Ye like my beard, little one?" he said softly, his voice almost a whisper.
You smiled at the sight of the two of them, thinking how lucky you were to have such a perfect little family. You and Sandor looked at each other for a second before you leant in to give him a kiss.
Sandor had changed since you had your daughter. He had become even harder than he was, but at the same time as soft and tender like never before. He was always tending to you and your daughter, making sure you were feeling alright, always protecting you.
Whenever you were traveling, Sandor would always be on guard for any possible danger. If you were to stumble upon a group of strangers, he would tell you to stay back, often times even hide. He wouldn't trust anyone around his family. Before you got pregnant, it was the two of you against everyone else. You fought and looted together. Now, he wanted you to stay in the background with your daughter in order for you to not get hurt. He would give his life for the two of you. As a father and husband, his only mission in life was to keep your little family alive and safe.
Not only was he overprotective, but you had also noticed he had become very affectionate. He had truly become a father. He would spend hours just admiring your daughter as she slept. He would be the one to tend to her as she cried at night. He would be the one getting her dressed when you were headed out, making sure she wouldn't get cold.
Sandor would only wanted to bring your daughter outside if absolutely necessary. He preferred you stayed inside with her, always telling you that she wouldn't be safe if you were to stumble upon any strangers. You, on the other hand, were more willing to take your daughter with you when you went out, for example when hunting. You wanted her to grow up in nature, and not to shield her from reality. Sandor claimed it wasn't necessary to bring her outside while she was as young as she was; only a few moons.
But today, you wanted to go out hunting with Sandor, and to bring you daughter with you. It would be your first time since giving birth, and it would be your daughters first hunt. Not that she could contribute in any way, but it was the thought and intention that mattered.
It was morning, the sun was still low in the sky when Sandor had gotten ready to head out.
"I'm going hunting," Sandor said, grabbing the bow and arrows.
"We are going hunting," you said with your hands on your hips.
Sandor scoffed. "The hell you are."
"Oh come on," you said. "I miss hunting. I can't just stay inside forever. And we can't be shielding her from everything, she needs to experience things."
"We can't bring her with," Sandor said, pointing to your daughter in her crib. "It's not safe out there."
"It'll be fine, we won't be out for long and we won't be going far. We'll be home before the sun sets," you said. He didn't look convinced. You walked over to him and wrapped your arms around him and put your chin on his chest, looking into his eyes. "Please?"
He sighed and looked at you for a moment before speaking. "Fine. But we're not going far, and we'll be home before dark."
You grinned from ear to ear, "yay! I knew you'd give in eventually." You quickly pecked his lips before turning around to get you daughter dressed and ready.