The Wind

Being a skilled assassin in Westeros was the perfect way for you to keep your wallet full. There was always someone who wanted to get rid of someone else standing in their way. All they had to do was to give you a name, a city and a some coins and you would fix the rest. You were sly, no one knew who you were, but everyone knew of your doings. All over Westeros and Essos were people wanting your service for many different reasons; anyone from highborns wanting to get rid of someone standing in their way of power and wealth, to smallfolk having a feud with their neighbor over some stolen goods.

As the war broke out in Kings Landing you had left, not wanting to be a part of any unnecessary drama. The "assassin business" wouldn't be blooming in a city of war, considering there will be a lot of people dying and focusing more on keeping themselves alive rather than others. You didn't care much about who was seated at the Iron Throne, you lived your life obeying your own rules. With this in mind, you got on your horse with your few belongings and decided to head somewhere else. You weren't exactly low on gold and silver coins, so you weren't necessarily hastily looking for work, you had the time and money to relax.

You had followed Kings Road to the Riverlands from King's Landing, making things like money and food easily accessible, considering the many people, towns and inns along the road. The sun was about to set as you were setting up camp for the night. Well, it wasn't really a camp; you built a small fire for heat and food and put down your small mattress beside the fire, as well as your horse unsaddled tied to a tree.

You were squatting down before the rabbit you were preparing for dinner when you heard a deep voice from behind you.

"You got any food?" You turned around to face a man and a girl on a big, black horse. The man was wearing big armor, broadening his shoulders, while the girl was only wearing some leather pieces. They looked dirty and tired, as if they've been on the road for a long time.

"Sure," you said, pointing with your bloody knife to the three rabbits on the ground beside you, "is rabbit alright?"

The man sighed. "It'll do."

He jumped off the horse and helped the little girl down. You grabbed two of the rabbits by their ears and stood up to hand them to the man. You felt generous today, and food wasn't really an issue for you; you were a good hunter and you had enough coins to eat at an inn if it came to that. And, some company was always nice.

"What about ale?" he asked.

"No ale, sorry. Just wine," you pointed to the flask on the ground.

"Sounds good to me."

He looked familiar; the big scar that covered half his face and his wavy hair covering some of it. You couldn't quite put your finger on it.

"Have we met?" You asked. He looked at you for a second before grabbing the rabbits from your hand.

"They call me the Hound." Of course, the kingsguard, Sandor Clegane.

He sat down on a log beside the fire and started skinning the rabbits.

You scoffed and frowned. "You don't seem as scary as they all make you out to be," you shoved your rabbit onto a stick for the fire. He looked at you with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Where have you been hearing your stories?" he asked grumpily. You almost felt threatened by his question.

"It's my job to know the people of Westeros," you said as you sat back, watching your dinner over the fire.

The little girl finished taking care of the black horse and sat down next to Sandor, looking at you. You could tell she was trying to read you, she seemed curious.