Chapter 8

I went and met my friends. They were so happy to see me.

Zoya: Hi! How are you?

Catherine: I'm fine. How are you?

Zoya: Leave this all things, I need to tell you something.

Catherine: What is it?

Zoya: Miles said us that he loves you and want to spend his life with you.

I was shocked but then I heard my dad was calling me on stage.

Dad: My daughter has turned 17 and in our tradition, she has to be with her soulmate. And I have decided it would be my brother's son Hirder.

I looked at dad. And I saw Hirder coming on stage. And then he came on stage. He stood next to me.

Dad: Catherine, put this ring in his hand.

Catherine: But dad....

Mom: Later dear first put the ring on his hand.

Mom took my hand and placed a ring on my Palm. I couldn't do anything. I placed the ring in his finger and he placed a ring in my finger. And then dad placed my hand in Hirder's hand. I wasn't happy about it. Because I didn't want anyone in my life whom I don't know. I then saw Miles cry in the crowd and then he left the party. After that, I came down Zoya came running to me " what is this"

Catherine: I don't know.

And then Hirder's father and mother came.

Aunty(hirder's mom): We are so happy today.

Uncle(hirder's dad): I think you should go and speak to Hirder.

Zoya: Pardon me, I need to take her to cut the cake.

Catherine: What should I do? I don't want to be with Hirder and Miles too.

Zoya: Are you serious?

Catherine: What do you mean?

Zoya: Nothing

Dad: Catherine, please cut the cake.

I went to cake, I cut the cake. Took a piece and gave dad. Dad took a piece of that cake and put it in my mouth. Then, I gave mom, then my sisters and brothers........ And cake party was over, I went to dad.

Catherine: Dad! We need to talk.

Dad: Yeah, sure.

Catherine: I don't want Hirder in my life.

Dad: What are you saying?

Catherine: I am telling you that I don't want Hirder in my life. I can't live with him. He is way too different from me.

Dad: But I thought you liked Hirder. And want to live with him. You even searched for him on Facebook.

Catherine: Dad, I just wanted to know him because he is my cousin only cousin brother, who is in my age people. Not because I wanted to live with him or like him. I never liked him

Dad: What have I done? I should have asked you before saying.

Catherine: Yes, but what should I do, I can't live like this.

Dad: Well, you can leave him but after one month with him.

Catherine: One month! I can't live one day with him.

Dad: I'm sorry dear. But we will just tell you 3 marriages by ourselves which you have to accept it. After 3 marriages it's up to you. When do you need to marry or whom will you stay with among these 3.

Catherine: Why? Can't I just live as the way I want?

Dad: No, dear. Your mother had to face the same problem as you do today but she did what she wanted to do by following these rules.

Catherine: But I wouldn't do what she did.

Dad: But your sisters also did the same.

Catherine: I won't.

I left the living room and went to my room. I cried but then I slept because I was tried.