- chapter three

3

[ a startling message ]

IF IT WEREN'T FOR Rosela's injured ankle she would have captured those nasty Downworlders for attacking her or she would have even escaped, alas it was her that was seized and she was having the worse day

IF IT WEREN'T FOR Rosela's injured ankle she would have captured those nasty Downworlders for attacking her or she would have even escaped, alas it was her that was seized and she was having the worse day. Despite Charlotte's strict orders to stay in bed, Rosela had crept out of her room and into the bright and busy streets of London

That was the last thing she remembered. Rosela only brought two blades with her which led to her defeat as the two vampires swiftly lunged at her, leaving a bloody gash on her forehead, black dots circled and danced her vision as she fell face forwards the grass.

The Valois girl awoke at the sound of crashing, her eyes squinted as she tried to scan the softly lit room. Rosela squirmed, realizing her hands were firmly tied on the back of the wooden chair she sat on.

"I wouldn't bother, princess." a gravelly voice said, Rosela rolled her eyes at the nickname, glaring towards the direction of the voice. A bald man stepped out of the shadows, the dim light bulb allowed Rosela to observe her captor, he had thick dark beard and fair skin and the gloomy room made his earthy irises darker.

"D'you think we'll be punished for this?" another voice came, a man shorter than the other came out of the shadows from her right, this one wasn't bald -his hair was thick and greasy, his eyes were a beautiful green that reminded her of the grass she fell into, Rosela recognized the two men as the Downworlders who fought her earlier. She didn't feel any searing pain on her neck that could indicate she was bitten, calming to a slight extent, she released an inaudible sigh.

"I'll do the honor of punishing you once I manage to get out of this chair!" she hissed, the vampires eyed her with amusement, barking with laughter.

"Typical of you to underestimate a Shadowhunter especially one who is a woman." she grumbled, the two paid no attention to her as they started arguing about breaking the accords. They bickered as Rosela fidgeted on her seat, calculating her movements and the possibilities to escape.

"You fools broke the accords the moment you captured me." Rosela said coolly

"Why can't we drain her blood to shut her up?" the short one asked, his eyes held a dangerous hunger as he eyed the girl.

"He sternly asked us not to." the tall one replied, they'd gladly drink Rosela's blood, merely looking at her was tempting enough and the dried blood on her forehead was driving them insane but something was stopping them.

"Even just a little?" the short one sauntered towards Rose, he slowly swept her hair aside, exposing her delicate and fair neck and traced his fingers leisurely until he felt her pulse.