- chapter six

6

[ deluded ]

    THE SUN SHONE BRIGHT in the midday of London, the weather was as perfect as it gets

    THE SUN SHONE BRIGHT in the midday of London, the weather was as perfect as it gets. Wearing her favorite black cloak over her red dress, Rosela Valois navigated herself around the winding corridors of the Institute with her hands clasped in front of her and her head held high.

She held herself with confidence and poise, as if last night’s events didn’t faze her or didn't happen at all. But even if it did, she wore her pain wonderfully well. She recognized a familiar person walking aimlessly through the corridor she’s headed.

“Lost, are we?” Rosela asked, a grin adorning her red painted lips as amusement glinted in her eyes. Tessa Gray looked over her warily as she hesitantly nodded.

“You need not worry, dear. You are just the person I am looking for, Miss Gray.” Rosela mused, linking her arm around Tessa’s. “Have you seen Will anywhere? He made a mistake, you see, messing with one of my favorite pair of shoes–”

“Where are you taking me?” Tessa unhooked her arm from Rosela’s, a frown drawing on her lips. The Gray girl couldn’t understand what Rosela was doing, all she knew was that the Valois girl can be really intimidating.

“Why take you to London, of course!” Rosela grinned, “I ought to take you to a favorite library of mine.” she said, walking past Tessa without looking back, because Rosela was that sure she’d follow. And upon hearing footsteps catching up to her, a smirk played on her lips. Rosela had been able to read through Tessa Gray the night before, she had managed to do so by merely observing her–every little detail–and she had done it with ease.

“You read books, do you not?” she glanced past her shoulders as Tessa caught up to her.

“Y–yes,” said Tessa. “How did you know? I didn’t tell you that.” Rosela’s brows raised in amusement.

“The walls speak, they whisper their knowledge in my ear,” said Rosela. Tessa’s eyes widened, earning an unamused chuckle from the other girl. “I am only kidding, Miss Gray.”

“Tessa,” she corrected. “Aren’t we going to ask for Charlotte’s permission?” As they reached the entrance door, Rosela’s eyes trailed from the knob to Tessa.

“Live a little, Tessa.” she rolled her eyes, turning the knob as the Gray girl fidgeted with her fingers, and out they went to venture for Rosela’s favorite library. Rosela sauntered calmy along the busy streets of England, a fan clutched in her hand.

Tessa trailed alongside Rosela, the traffic wasn’t at all heavy like any other day. The Valois girl sighed in contentment as the sun's ray tickled her bare face. It was barely sunny in London, so Rosela took every opportunity to bask in the sunlight before it gets cloudy again.