- chapter five

5

[ the deal ]

THE NEXT DAY, ROSELA left the Institute at dawn

THE NEXT DAY, ROSELA left the Institute at dawn. She had actually intended to stay but the place was quite overwhelming, with Miss Gray and the issues happening, her head was throbbing and fresh air is what she fancied today. She had barely even slept, watching Jem the whole night, to say she was worried was an understatement. Which led to activating her stamina rune.

It was one of the things that calmed the Valois girl-leaving and surrounding herself with the beauty of the outside. Ever since she was little, she had always been fond with sneaking outside without permission, only to see the sunrise and sunset.

She walked down the street, her arms swayed casually at her sides as the wind blew in her tangled dark hair. Somehow she was worried, it's that odd feeling, but it was something familiar to the Valois girl. Her intuition. It had always been one of her most prided abilities, it saved her many times before, and the only time she ignored it was when something bad happened. She learned - from that day on - to never doubt her intuition, and herself in general.

  Rosela had planned to walk aimlessly around the streets of London before returning for breakfast, and the satisfying sound of her boots against the pavement delighted the Nephilim warrior.

However, the peace and calmness she felt had disappeared and was replaced by anxiety when she caught a glimpse of something peculiar. She didn't really see it but something had caught her eye, she pondered whether to check it out or return to her beloved home.

But curiosity got the best of her, so she trailed off into the street that looked innocent enough not to find anything dangerous.

  But as the Valois girl halted in the middle of the street, she saw no sign of what she had seen earlier. It was quite odd, really, Rosela had sworn she saw something, rather more of a someone; staring at her, as if to catch her attention. Which they did so triumphantly, seeing that she made her way towards where she stood out of curiosity.

  Seeing nothing, Rosela whirled around and was startled to see a woman standing dangerously close to her, Rosela took a step backwards, keeping her eye at the woman. She seemed like an ordinary mundane, an innocent face perhaps in her twenties, and she was sure that she had used her glamour, but Rosela knew better than to be deceived by mere looks.

  As Rosela slowly passed the woman, it spoke, so blantly with no emotion, "Bring me Tessa Gray." Rosela froze in her tracks, turning to face the woman. She looked closely to her and studied her features, it was only then she noticed that her skin was peeling off and something glinted in her flesh.
Rosela rose a brow, her hand reaching for the blade strapped on her back.