x

Author's POV

For Jin, he felt it was wrong, but also right at the same time. He didn't know what urged him to suddenly kiss the young boy. As senses coming back, he pulled away.

"I... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." The professor uttered, looking down.

"Uhm, don't worry Sir. It was nothing." Joon replied, trying to hide his blush. He then stood up and went to the swing, trying to calm himself down.

He didn't expect that one to happen. They were just stargazing and one second, they kissed. He didn't even know if his prof had a crush on him, too. The breeze of the air didn't help him to stop feeling hot from blushing.

The professor then walked towards his place, sitting to an empty swing beside him.

"I'm sorry again. I was out of my mind." Seokjin said, looking at Namjoon apologetically.

"Hey, Sir. Nothing to worry about. It's not like you punched my guts, you know?" The young boy replied, showing his dimple smile.

"Damn, that smile is really a killer" The professor thought, but shaked his thoughts quickly, "You can't be with him, remember. Don't take advantage of what he feels towards you."

They remained silent for a long period of time, but Seokjin broke the silence.

"I'm just really curious, Joon. We were just in the same town, why I haven't seen you there anymore?"

Joon was shocked to hear that. He didn't have any idea that the elder one knows that. Looking at him with his big shocked eyes, the professor just nodded.

A moment of silence once again enveloped them and Namjoon sighed, then spoke.

"I was kicked out." he paused for a bit and took a deep breath.

"They couldn't accept who I am and told me I was disgusting. I can't even believe my once home, I can't go back there." Namjoon then chuckled as he said those. Seokjin couldn't help but feel sad towards him.

"How were you able to cope up?"

"They never cared about me since my family's business boomed. Nothing new after I moved out. The money my mom gave me is already enough for me to live for like until I finish my senior year. I planned to put my car on sale once I enter college."

Seokjin just remained silent the whole time. A thought then came to his mind, and said, "If you need help, don't be shy to hit me up. I would be very glad to help." He then put a warm smile on his face, making Namjoon look his way.

"That would be embarrasing, Sir, but thank you for that." he replied. Fidgetting his fingers on his pocket finding his phone, he checked the time and it's already past twelve. They got too carried away with the cool atmosphere that calmed them down. Realizing how late it is, he called his professor's attention.

"Should we go home, Sir? It's pretty late. We still have a class later." He said and stood up from the swing. As he started walking on the grassfield, he felt someone grabbing his hands, making him turn around to see his professor pulling him closer to him. What he didn't expect is that, he was being hugged by Seokjin. He froze, cannot process what had just happened.

"Sorry, just let me hug you this time." Seokjin whispered as he closed his eyes, putting his chin on Joon's shoulder.

--------

"Thank you for today, Sir. Take care." Namjoon uttered as he got out from the passenger seat.

"Good night, Joon. Rest well, we'll have a quiz later." the latter said, making the kid look in shock. "Sir, are you kidding?"

"Nevermind that, you need to sleep. I'll go now." the professor bid then a goodbye, waving his free hand. The younger then watched the car drift away until it's out of sight. That cued him to go inside his apartment. 

As he laid down his bed, he suddenly thought of what happened earlier. His professor and also long-time crush kissed and hug him. Touching his lips, he still felt surreal. He didn't know how he should react. To be honest, he still can't process everything. It all happened too sudden for him. 

Picking up his phone from his lamp desk, he checked if his dear bestfriend is still online. Luckily, he is. He then pressed the call button. After a few moments, the video call went through.

"Hey my dear Joonie. It's been a while!" Taehyung said through the call. Namjoon can't help but smile ear to ear.

"Yeah, it's been a while, Tae. I'm sorry it took me a long time to call you again. Got too busy nowadays."

"No worries, I'm currently trying to get used in my new environment. Anyways, how's my hubby?" 

Namjoon almost puked at his friend's statement. "Damn, Tae. When will you stop?"

"Wow, as if you never liked me then..." he replied, earning a glare from his friend, "okay, I'll stop. What's with the sudden call anyways?" 

"Do you still remember Kim Seokjin?"

"Ah, the good-looking neighbor who's three blocks away from your old home--"

"Hey, I never said that!

"You did, you were delusional back then, remember? Anyways, what's with him?"

Namjoon looked down and let out a heavy sigh, "He kissed me."

"What?! How did that happen? He didn't have any idea about you yet you got him to kiss you?" Taehyung exclaimed on the other line.

"How do I explain this... he's our substiture literature prof, got to be close to him, then boom. I don't even know anymore. Everything happened too fast. It has been just like... two weeks since he started to teach us."

"Damn, congratulations? I don't know how should I react. Don't be too attached to him, remember, you're still a minor and he's already old as fuck--"

"He's 27, Tae." Joon interrupted.

"Still, he's way too old. I'm just scared you'd be groomed. I'm sensing he took advantage of what you feel. You still have a long way to go, Joon. I care about you." Namjoon was stunned, still processing what his bestfriend said. 

"I know you can't get rid of your feelings that fast. Three years is long as fuck, but please do it for yourself. I don't want you to regret later."

"I'll try."

____________________________________

Finally updated a new chapter T^T