Redeemable

Hermione stumbled upon arrival, landing first on her legs to which she fell forward onto her knees.

I really should be apparating on carpeting, Hermione thought to herself, before she grasped her bearings enough to right herself. Just as she did, Blaise walked into the office, probably hearing the snap of apparation.

"Granger," he alerted, "Are you-"

"I'm fine," she told them, biting back the nausea once again, "I got it." She removed the photograph from her bag and handed it to him, then tossing the bagged Portkey on the coffee table. She watched as he examined the frame and commented, "Wow, Granger. She looks like-"

"I know, I know." She didn't need to be told that again, "Where's Harry?"

Blaise gestured to the door. Hermione walked from his office into Blaise's living room, where she was confronted with Harry in the company of Ron and Ginny.

"Mione," Harry stood in relief. She would embrace him, but the immediate discomfort that followed in their silence didn't allow it. Instead, she asked, "What are you guys doing here?" Ginny stood up and said, "We heard about....your new evidence. Blaise seems to think it'll do a lot of good for him if the Wizengamot hears about it."

"You didn't come here out of concern for Draco," Hermione stated firmly, because she knew it to be true.

Ginny looked between her and Harry. "I don't care for Draco. I won't pretend like I do. But I..." she went to grip Harry's open hand, "I just didn't want to see you two take the fall for him too." Hermione went to the redhead, and reached for her arm. Ginny reached out and pulled Hermione in for a sisterly embrace. "I'm sorry," Ginny apologized in her ear.

"It's okay," Hermione accepted. Though her eyes had fallen to the person beside her, still sat apprehensively on the sofa. Hermione pulled away, and the three of them looked upon Ron waiting for a response.

Hermione started, "Ron-"

"I won't pretend like the thought of you and him doesn't make me sick to my stomach," Ron snapped, but paused to pace himself, "But....Hermione, you see a goodness in some people that I still don't bloody understand." Hermione smiled and put out a hand towards him. Ron took it and stood, whilst pulling Hermione in for a warm hug. She sighed in relief into his shoulder, and he squeezed her tighter.

"I'd hate to be the one to breakup a Gryffindor reunion party in my living room," Blaise's voice interrupted from the doorway of his office. The four of them looked over at Blaise, who's grin was as wide as it was mocking, and he said to them, "But I believe we have a trial to prepare for."

______

"Granger, I'm going to need to hear your story again," Blaise requested, which was responded with a begrudging sigh from Ginny, Ron, and Harry simultaneously. It was close to 2 in the morning now. The three begrudgers were draped over various seats in Blaise's office, surrounded by charmed cups of refilling coffee, though it seemed to do no good. Only Hermione was wide awake, through the aid of standing and pacing to help her keep up.

"What part of it?" Hermione asked.

"The beginning," Blaise requested from the comfort of his chair, surrounded by case files and evidence.

"When I first saw Draco?"

"No, before that. Finding Cherrywood."

"Oh," Hermione thought back, "Well, it really started in New York. I was living there for some time. Worked as bartender, a job I was evidently not good at." She heard a snicker from somewhere in the room and tried to ignore it. "But I hated living there. My landlord was a....creep. I couldn't pay rent on time. I felt like I was just....losing it. So I ran. Took my car, and got the hell out of there."