Draco

The world spun about Draco as he clenched for dear life onto the Portkey in his palm. He kept his eyes closed all the while, knowing he'd get nauseous immediately after if he had then open. He landed with a thump on the hardwood floor, losing his balance and falling on his shoulder. He hissed in the pain and clenched his arm. Sitting up and rolling his shoulder back and forth, he looked about the room relieved.

Everything was the same. Everything was normal. Getting up slowly, he turned on the lamp to his right and checked out about his home. Walking into the kitchen first, he grabbed a glass from the cabinet and poured some water into it. Taking it to his lips and downing the glass in a few gulps, he truly believed American water tasted better.

Later he walked out onto the porch, the cool night engulfing him pleasantly. Feeling the exhaust of the trip begin to kick in, he situated himself on the porch swing and blissfully fell asleep.

_______

A soft thumping awoke him. His eyes widened as he looked about for the source of the sound to find a very upset Molly stomping his feet on the wood next to her.

"Molly?" he questioned, "What's wrong?"

"You didn't say goodbye," Molly said angrily with her little arms crossed. Draco couldn't help the smile form across his face as he sat up and looked at the little girl directly in the eyes. "I didn't say goodbye, because it wasn't a goodbye. Now was it?" He used her logic to get to her, and in a short moment a grin appeared on her face too. The little girl threw her arms around Draco's neck and squeezed him with the tightest hug he'd ever received. He wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her just as tight.

"I missed you, Drake," she told him before pulling away, "You and Hermione! Say, where is she?"

Draco's face fell a little bit. "She...she's still in England. But she'll be back soon," he lied cruelly.

"She said the same thing about you the last time she was here." The little one pouted. It occurred to Draco that she must have come back at some point to retrieve the evidence they presented at the trial.

Before he could respond, she changed the subject. Drastically.

"Are you and Hermione going to get married?"

Draco was at a loss for words. So Molly continued for him, "Because if you do, I always wanted to be a flower girl. I think I'd be really good at it!"

Draco chuckled and let the girl believe what she wanted to believe. Then it dawned on him what she was wearing. "Are you wearing the school backpack I bought for you?" he turned her around to look, and indeed she was.

"I told you, that's only for school."

"Well," Molly started, twiddling her hair as she did, "Technically, I am going to school."

"Ah, excellent," Draco commented, "When did you start?"

Molly was silent. She was still twiddling her hair. Draco narrowed his eyes and checked his watch before looking back at the mischievous girl. "You're supposed to be in school now, aren't you?"

"It's only the first day!"

"First day?!"

_______

It took about fifteen minutes to convince Molly to let Draco take her to school. Everything he threatened her with: extra homework, detention, expulsion; nothing seemed to do the trick for her. That is, until he offered to let her sit in the front seat. Within seconds she was buckled and ready to go.

He was well aware it wasn't safe. But at least he was taking his truck and not Hermione's death trap.

The drive was short, but consisted entirely of Molly's ramblings about all the scary things she heard about school from every movie she's ever watched. To all of this, Draco concluded that Molly should be watching a lot less movies. When Draco parked the truck in front of the school, he asked her, "Did you eat breakfast this morning at least?"