Kotlc+La La Land

It's not a play... BUT IT'S A MUSICAL! Also, I think I'm gonna do something a bit different. I've been doing Sokeefe for the past chapters but now... tell me what you think. It's a short chapter but I love it. Oh and for the video, to get right to the song skip to 1:04.

Fitz and Sophie are sitting on a bench looking up at the starry night sky. After their crazy adventures with the Neverseen and everything, Sophie has brought Fitz to one of her favorite places so they can relax. Fitz is a bit uncomfortable. He likes Sophie, there's no denying that, but he doesn't know how to act on this feeling. Sophie feels the same way. Fitz decides to sing the song that Peggy had given him. She had winked and said, "Just in case." Then laughed like a mad woman. Fitz had been confused since he thought Peggy hated him, but he took it anyway. He pulled out the paper with the lyrics and he watched Sophie take out an identical one. They look at each other and laugh. Peggy had planned this. Fitz smiles and pulls out one of Dex's gadgets that plays the song. The first few notes play as he looks at Sophie.

Fitz: The Sun has nearly gone. The lights are, turning on. A silver shine that stretches to the sea! We've stumbled on a view that's tailor made for two. What a shame those two are you and me.

Sophie: *blushes slightly*

Fitz: Some other girl and guy, would love this swirling sky. But there's only you and I. And we've got, no shot. This could never be. You're not the type for me. *looks very confused*

Sophie: *laughs a bit and also looks confused* Really?

Fitz: And there's not a spark in sight. What a, a waste of a lovely night! *grumbles* I should've known Peggy was planning something.

Sophie: *laughs as she continues* You say there's nothing here, well let's make something clear, I think I'll be the one to make that call!

Fitz: What's your call?

Sophie: I know you look so cute! In your polyester suit! *blushing*

Fitz: It's wool. WAIT WHA-

Sophie: You're right. I'd never fall for you at all! *looks very confused*

Fitz: *looks angry*

Sophie: And maybe this appeals,

Fitz: *angry whistling*

Sophie: To someone not in heels. Or to any girl who feels, there's some chance, for romance! But I'm frankly feeling nothing.

Fitz: *still mcmad* Is that so?

Sophie: Or it could be less than nothing? *appalled by the lyrics*

Fitz: Good to know? So you agree? *very angery*

Sophie: That's right!

Both: What a waste of a lovely night.

Fitz: PEGGY HOW DARE YOU

Peggy: *laughing hysterically in the bushes*

Sophie: PEGGY!!!!

Peggy: *walks up to them* Yeah?

Fitz: How could you do this?! I thought this would be one of your love songs!

Peggy: *shrugs* It is.

Fitz: NO IT'S NOT! This song is saying how these two people will NOT get together!

Peggy: True... Sebastian and Mia have a complicated relationship.

Sophie: Who?

Peggy: The original singers of the song.

Sophie: Oh.

Fitz: PEGGY YOU'D BETTER NOT POST THIS LIKE YOU DID THE OTHER ONES!

Peggy: *smirks* No promises.

Fitz: PEG-

Ta-da! I anti-ship Sophitz so much... sorry Sophitz shippers... I don't hate you I promise. The video at the top features one of my favorite dance numbers, plus the fact that they just HAVE tap shoes. Like, ok I get it it's a musical but Sebastian just HAPPENS to be wearing tap shoes and Mia just HAS them in her purse. Then they just put them on and start dancing. ... It's beautiful and I love it.

Peggy out.