Chapter 10

~Valerie~
“Apollo’s slow descent into hell”

“Valerie, it’s your turn.” Duncan says, giving me a weak grin. I can’t believe that he would do this to me. I don’t want to even think about something happening between us. When faced with decisions like this I have a tendency to have panic attacks.

“Truth or dare?” He questions, giving some more distance between us on the couch. I run my fingers across the hem of my yellow and white striped dress shirt. It acted more as a jacket for me, I wore a black tank top underneath it.

“T-truth…” I stutter, my hands shaking crazily. I could feel myself losing control, but I had the strength to keep it together. I was stronger than I originally thought.

Duncan leans in whispering into my ear, “Do you like me? You can just nod. I know it’s going to be hard for you to answer.” He says, “It’s fine to say no, I just would like to know what we are.” His hot breath was starting to tickle my ear.

To be totally truthful with you, I didn’t understand half of my feelings towards him. As I’ve gotten to know him I have found more and more things that I like about him. Not to mention the almost kiss we shared not too long ago. I just couldn’t understand any reasonable explanation that would lead him to like me. I’m nothing special and I know from experience. I’m a complete mess.

I look into his ocean eyes, a hurricane lurking behind them. I nod, a small smile trying to make its way onto my lips. Duncan plays off the question with a toothy smile. I’m always confused as to why he would choose me. I’m not gorgeous like Britney, but I do think that I’m nicer in ways.

Confused looks are shared as I turn to look at the group. I guess they will have to wonder what happened for now. Duncan, though he has a tough exterior he’s really soft, sweet, and sentimental.

“What did he say?” Apollo questions, looking a little ticked off. His arms were folded across his chest. His curly red hair now resembled something of an uncontrolled fire. His hazel eyes piercing through me.

“He-” I start to say, when Duncan cuts me off mid sentence.

“I asked her if this game was making her anxious.” He says, looking down at his hands. A strand of his blonde hair flopping in front of his face. Looking somewhat ashamed. It’s mostly a known fact that I have an anxiety disorder, but I guess its not a good excuse for what he had actually said to me.

“I’m fine,” I lie, looking up from staring at Duncan. I guess he was okay, but I’d never get into a relationship because of how a person looks. What really counts is a good personality.

“Since you decided to question me,” I say angrily, “Apollo, truth or dare?” I ask, giving him a glare. Personally I didn’t even know I had this kind of confidence in me.

He shifts uncomfortably in his seat, “Dare.” He says, looking like he might regret choosing it later.

“I dare you to say something nice about everyone in this room.” I say, quirking one of my eyebrows with a satisfied grin.

He looks over to Hermes first, “You are an annoying pain in the ass, but you’re my annoying pain in the ass.” He says, giving him an annoyed look.

His eyes leap over to Danny, “You’re my best bud, probably would let you touch my butt. No homo though.” He laughs, looking at Danny trying to contain a laugh.

He looks at Laurel, “You are adorable, but could probably kill me in my sleep.” He says quickly, trying to make it fly over Laurels head. He didn’t expect her to reply.

“Another reason for you to not push it,” Wreathy sasses, looking him in the eyes with a smirk. Wait- WAIT… Is she- is she flirting? She’s usually coy about things like this.