A Pretty Awkward First Date

Avan's POV

"Hey, what day do your parents get back?"

"Friday."

"Kay."

I pulled out of my driveway and looked into the rearview mirror. We headed down the road and into downtown LA. "Now will you tell me where exactly that you're taking me, Jogia?" Liz looked in my direction.

"You'll see. We're almost there." I replied. Peering over at that beautiful girl and still trying to keep my eyes on the road at the same time.

~

I locked my car and took Liz's hand as we walked to the parking garage elevator. We went up to ground level and into the lobby of a fancy restaurant. "Like it?" I asked.

"Wow, you really outdid yourself. I love it." Liz answered. 

I smirked. "Yeah, I tried."

"Well I'm impressed. Just saying." She smiled a goofy smile and I laughed.

"We should probably go get our table. I reserved it." I realized.

"Oooh, fancy," Liz said in a weird manly voice that made me laugh again. We walked over to the host desk to get our reservation. 

Ariana's POV

"Mom, I'm pretty sure I left my phone at our table. I'm gonna go get it."

"Okay, just hurry." 

I ran across the parking garage to the elevator to go grab my phone that I had left at our restaurant table. I'd come with my mom and Frankie to this fancy restaurant and was getting into the car when I realized I'd forgotten it. I pressed the up button and impatiently waited for the elevator. When the doors opened, a couple of people walked out. One was a girl, maybe thirteen or fourteen. "Oh my god, you're Ariana Grande! From Victorious!" She squealed. 

"Yeah, I am." I laughed, trying to get into the elevator but still trying to be nice.

"I'm really sorry. I should let you go but can I just have one quick picture?" She asked. 

"Only because you're so nice," I replied, smiling. "But yeah I do have to get upstairs."

She already had her phone out and snapped a quick picture. "Thank you so much! I love you!" She waved as she ran after her friends. 

"Love you too!" She was so cute. Buuut that took too much time because the elevator had already left and the room was empty. I pressed the button once again and waited for that elevator or another to come down. Finally, the one next to the other one's doors opened with nobody inside. I quickly hopped in and pressed the lobby and close doors button.

I got up there and started shuffling through people, trying to get to the table that we'd sat at. I finally got there and started to reach down for my teddy bear cased phone when two people caught my attention. It was Liz and Avan. Just Liz and Avan. What were they doing here by themselves? They were sitting at a table across the room and laughing about something. I grabbed my phone and started to walk over to them. Then I saw something else. Liz was resting her hand on the table, and Avan reached for it and set his hand on top of her hand. Liz grabbed his hand and smiled sheepishly. Woah, I wasn't expecting that. That was deep.

I didn't really know what to do. I was halfway over there and I wanted to say hi and ask what was going on but I needed to get back to my mom and Frankie who were waiting for me in the car. I decided to just go up to them, but I felt like it might take a little more time than I'd thought. I opened my phone and texted my mom.

I'm gonna take a little longer than I thought I would.

I'll be down in a couple minutes

I started walking towards them again. When I got closer, I realized how flirty they looked. Oh geez. I was pretty sure I knew what was happening now. 

Liz's POV

We smiled at each other, just kind of staring and blocking out everything else that was happening around us. Avan was holding my hand again and being all flirty. I've joked about him being like that before, but I love it. And the fact that he was acting like this around me?  To me? In public? It kinda shocked me. 

That moment was interrupted with a very familiar voice. 

"Umm, guys?"

We both jumped and turned to see Ariana standing a few feet away from us. She looked shocked. Avan and I both turned beet red. 

"Hey Ari!" I blushed.

"Hi." Avan ran his hand through his hair, nervously.

"Hey," Ariana said quietly. "So are you two like..." She bit her lip and didn't want to say anything else. So I finished for her to break the silence and awkwardness and everything. 

"We... are." I knew what she was going to ask. Ari turned to Avan, who nodded at her and looked over at me to confirm. 

"Wow." She frowned. She thought for a second. "Congratulations!" 

We all started to laugh. "Thanks," I said, and realized Avan and I had said it simultaneously and we laughed more.

"Just- don't tell anyone yet. We were kinda trying to tell you with the rest of the cast." Avan smirked.

"I promise not to tell a soul." Ariana replied, giggling again. "I'll leave you two lovebirds alone. I was just coming up here to get my phone. I forgot it."

"Thanks."

"Thanks."

"Okay, see you guys tomorrow!" She winked and turned around to leave.

"Bye!"

"See ya."

That freaked me out.