🌒 Huntress Cliché 🌒 2

The Huntress becomes Prey.

🌒

Mia knew she was a hunter and she knew she should have killed him or at least hurt him, but she couldn't. She had become frozen, or at least that's what she convinced herself when she had told Mark of the failure to kill the damn beast. His disappointment in her had been clearly evident in his face.

But life went, a few more months passed, and her life had gone back to the norm without that deplorable handsome wolf. Or so Mia thought happily.

Unknowingly to the cute little hunter, a hungry wolf licked his lips as he kept an eye on her. At times, not all the time, like a stalker, but as a few weeks passed, he realized he went to where she was whether or not he consciously wanted.

The wolf was unsure why he was stalking her, she was not a delectable species nor was she incredibly physically beautiful. Which is why he couldn't fathom why he would be so eager to be away from his pack.

The human girl was in fact a hunter and it was not like humans to be a delicacy. On the contrary to popular beliefs everywhere, humans—at least to wolves—in fact tasted awful. Even a touch of their blood in their mouth was like the bitterest food. There were few who sought to eat humans for their medicinal properties—if there were any, but it was rare for humans to be eaten by wolves. Attacked maybe—but not eaten or consumed as nutrition. It didn't help that majority of humans also were not very healthy.

Despite all the wolf consciously knew, he moved to protect her wherever it was deemed necessary—which was too often. Unknown to small female huntress, the Alpha wolf had saved her a one too many times.

Cruel humans or too rabid beasts lost in insanity had targeted his prey and he could not have that. It had irked him so much and so suddenly that he only discovered his intervention after it was done. After the tenth time of saving her life in secrecy, he realized that the huntress was skilled but rather a terrible hunter as he had to save her so many times.

In the end, he concluded that his peculiar obsession with the simple being was because she was a hunter, who had the galls to take him as his prey despite her skills. He pushed it as amusement, and interest in keeping the amusement a little longer in his oh-so-boring long life.

Now, the truth of it, despite what he thought, was far from it.

The small Scarlet Hunter was his to stalk and to eat, and not many could beat an Alpha wolf. Thus keeping his claim on her was easier than other things.

As he stood by, on another night that he had secretly saved his huntress (in distress), he kept his golden eyes on her, the small white crescent moon peeping on him to keep an eye on him.

The Alpha was practically drooling at the thought of her being his...next meal. He was so hungry, it was nearly sending him to lose his grip on reality, but he was better than that, so he only watched.

Taehyung Kim would have his time with his pretty prey soon.

🌖

This was a deplorable event. Mia thought.

A party—dreadful with dresses and fake curtsies, and pretend laughter of amicability. And lies, all lies.

A bunch of bullshit. Mia thought.

Still sighing, her body caressed by a black body tight dress, she kept her face neutral, neither too happy nor upset. In the end, it did not matter how she felt about this, because she had a job to do. She was here for a job, a mission. It did not matter if she didn't want to be here or there, with a constricting dress and loads of makeup. There was a target here she was supposed to help her teacher with.