CH. 6

"So, boy or girl?" Daniel asked Corbyn about twenty minutes later, the couple now sitting on the same couch as they wait for Jack to return with news. Corbyn was playing with Daniel's fingers, stalling the action at Daniel's question as he hadn't really gotten the context he was asking in. Daniel cranes his head so he can look at his husband, shifting in his lap.

"I'm sorry?" Corbyn asked, hating how quickly his heart was beating right now. Was Daniel asking if Corbyn wanted a boy or a girl? Was Daniel already pregnant and this was his was of telling him?

"Do you think they're having a boy or a girl? You know considering they didn't find out the gender and all... Figured we could set a bet or something..." Daniel said, trailing off as he studies the expression on Corbyn's face. Corbyn seems to relax a bit, but his heart still felt like it was about to beat out of his chest.

"What are we betting?" Corbyn asked, shifting on the couch a little which causes Daniel to start sliding off his lap but Corbyn was quick to pull him back up. 

"Our usual wager. I win, we have sex on the table. You win, we have sex wherever you want." Daniel says, earning a soft chuckle from Corbyn as he wraps his arms around Daniel a little tighter. 

"Alright, I think I can agree to those terms. What's your side?" Corbyn asks, chucking again as Daniel pretends to think about it. Corbyn knew what side Daniel was on because it was always the same one. 

"Girl. I bet they're having a girl. Jack's going to be way over protective of her and she'll be lucky to date anyone at the age of thirty." Daniel said, earning a nod from Corbyn because there was no doubt in his mind that Daniel was right. (AN- When Jack actually has a daughter in real life, *sigh*)

"Alright, if they have a boy we're having sex in the kitchen." Corbyn says, smiling brightly when Daniel lets out a laugh that seems to echo through the room. Corbyn always lived it when Daniel laughed and he would do absolutely anything to hear that sound again. 

"That's hardly sanitary." Daniel points out and Corbyn lets outs scoff. 

"Like sex on the table it any better."

"Well I was going to say we could go down to two station... have sex in your office... But last time that happened, Jonah walked in and I still can't look him in the eye." Daniel admits and Corbyn's laughing softly yet again, burying his face into Daniel's hair.

"Jonah isn't working tonight... We could sneak in." Corbyn whispers, smirking when Daniel shivers involuntarily. Corbyn thinks about teasing Daniel a little, wondering how worked up he could get his husband before they left.

"At this rate, we're gonna be here all night." Daniel says, looking at the doors yet again. Zach had been in there for nearly two hours now and Daniel was starting to get impatient. He knew that they couldn't rush these things, but it wasn't like Zach was delivering the baby naturally. 

"We could always come back in the morning..." Corbyn offers, earning a shake of the head from his husband. 

"I promised Jack we'd without here since his parents couldn't make it." Daniel said, letting out a yawn as his body reminds him how shitty of a night of sleep he'd gotten last night. He nuzzles further into Corbyn's chest, humming softly as Corbyn starts to play with his chair. He could easily fall asleep like this, his eyes slowly starting to close. He felt like he literally just fallen asleep when Corbyn's shaking him saying his name softly. 

"Dani, babe. Wake up. Jack's got someone he'd like us to meet." Corbyn said, shaking his husband gently and earning a groan from Daniel as he opens his eyes again. Back was nowhere in sight when Daniel sat up, a confused expression on his face.

"Where's he at?" Daniel asked moving off of Corbyn's lap. 

"He's with Zach and the baby he just left and I told him we'd be there in a minute. So come on." Corbyn told him standing up from his chair and groaning a little at how stiff his back felt. Daniel had a guilty expression on his face at that, but Corbyn is quick to pull him into his side. Together they walk to the recovery wing, Daniel resting his head on Corbyn's shoulder as they do so. Daniel moves away once they reach Zach's room, Corbyn opening the door for him. They walk in quietly, Zach perking up at the sound of the Door but Daniel could tell he was exhausted. Jack is standing by a small cart that Daniel knew for a fact held a little baby, the young man's heart swelling at just the sight of the cart.

"Hey guys..." Zach said smiling softly as his friends. Daniel tears his eyes away from the baby cart  to look at Zach, returning his smile before he walks over there to give him a hug. 

"Congrats, Z. " Daniel said moving out of the way is that Corbyn can do the same. Jack is taking he baby out of the cart when Daniel turned around, he found that the baby makes Daniel coo. 

"Boys, I'll like you to meet our little girl.... Alex Herron-Avery." Jack said smiling proudly and completely missing the look Corbyn and Daniel share.

-------------------------------------

So what do you all think about Jack being an actual father....

Comments - 37

Votes- 48